With increasing magnitude and impacts of disasters due to factors that include climate change, rapid urbanization and other human causes, disaster risk management should be deeply embedded in organizational culture and structures. This course explores disaster risk management concepts and practices using practical examples at international up to family level.
The aim of this course is to provide participant not only with a solid theoretical and conceptual understanding of DRM, but also takes you through the practical application of the concept and practices in different settings.
Who should attend?
The target audience are practitioners and people who want to develop a career in disaster risk management at national and international level. This includes disaster risk management professionals, development practitioners, government officials, policymakers, consultants, researchers and specialists of training and academic institutions, NGO representatives, humanitarian and community leaders, who are interested in acquiring the fundamental knowledge of DRM and linkages to sustainable development challenges.
Module 1: Disaster Risk Management scope
• international, regional and national
• Community based disaster risk management
• Understanding Disaster Risk Reduction
Module 2: DRM processes
• Information management systems for DRM
• Understanding risk
• Risk analysis process
• Hazard mapping and ranking
• Vulnerability and capacity analysis
• Developing and implementing Standard Operation Procedures
Module 3: Disaster Risk Management planning
• Types and Scope of DRM plans
• Contingency Planning
• Early warning systems
• Plan Activation and review
Module 4: Disaster response systems and practices
• International response systems
• National Response structures
• Incident Command Centre
• Assessment planning and implementation
• Resource mobilization for response
Module 5: Disaster and Development
• Disaster risk management and project planning
• Livelihoods and resilience
• Mainstreaming DRR into development
• DRM-gender, environment, HIV and AIDS
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at email@example.com or +254712260031
Foscore Development Center |Training Courses | Monitoring and Evaluation|Data Analysis|Market Research |M&E Consultancy |ICT Services |Mobile Data Collection | ODK Course | KoboToolBox | GIS and Environment |Agricultural Services |Business Analytics specializing in short courses in GIS, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Data Management, Data Analysis, Research, Social Development, Community Development, Finance Management, Finance Analysis, Humanitarian and Agriculture, Mobile data Collection, Mobile data Collection training, Mobile data Collection training Nairobi, Mobile data Collection training Kenya, ODK, ODK training, ODK training Nairobi, ODK training Kenya, Open Data Kit, Open Data Kit training, Open Data Kit Training, capacity building, consultancy and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and experienced consultants, in a wide array of disciplines
Other Upcoming Online Workshops