2022 - 2023 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
Strategic Management is all about the identification and clear description of the strategies that managers/leaders can carry so as to accomplish better performance and a competitive advantage for their organization. An organization is said to have competitive, viable and economical advantage if its profitability is higher than the average profitability for all companies in its industry.
What is Strategic Management and Why is it Important? Strategic management can also be described as a bundle of decisions and acts which a manager undertakes, and which decides the result of the firm’s performance. The manager must have comprehensive knowledge and analysis of the general and competitive organizational environment so as to take correct decisions.
They should conduct a SWOT Analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats), i.e., they ought to make best possible utilization of strengths, reduce the organizational weaknesses, make use of arising opportunities and prospects from the business environment and shouldn’t ignore or disregard threats.
Upon completing this Advanced Strategic Management Course successfully, participants will be able to:
· Learn how to induce synergy into their respective organizations by encouraging networking, collaboration, participation and ultimately organizational synergy via the accumulation of strategic capital and acumen
· Discover how to collate strategic acumen in relation to ascertaining best case scenarios to implement an optimal strategy for your organization
· Compile situation specific business cases for the subsequent implementation of strategic plans
· Understand your legal obligations in terms of strategic planning, implementation and execution
· Learn how to enforce provisions encapsulated in strategic plans in the event of non-compliance
· Recognise how to spot common errors when reviewing strategic plans
· Take preventative and protective control measures to ensure maximum participation in strategic planning processes for your organization
Who Should Attend?
This Advanced Strategic Management Course would be best suited for:
· Decision-makers from management boards, owners, partners, board members, members of supervisory boards
· Mid-level to senior-level executives and associates who are responsible for strategic planning, implementation, and business development
· Executives who assess and examine strategy proposals for their plausibility
· Executives and associates of companies, divisions or business units in charge of implementing and executing strategies
· Executives, managers, specialists and consultants who lead strategy meetings, draft strategic concepts and conduct strategic analyses
MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION
· Understanding your role as manager and visionary
· Establishing clear performance objectives and standards
MODULE 2: COMPONENTS OF A STRATEGY STATEMENT
· Long-term strategic direction
· Broad Policy direction
· What characterizes good strategies?
· Strategic Intent
· Mission Statement
· Features of a Mission
· Goals and Objectives
MODULE 3: STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT PROCESS
· Determining your current strategic position
· Understanding strategic challenges correctly
· Strategy Formulation
· Strategy Implementation
· Strategy Evaluation
MODULE 4: ENVIRONMENTAL SCANNING
· External and Internal Factors
· Forecast Development
· Factors Influencing Organizational Success
· Internal Analysis of the Environment
· Industry Environment
· National Environment
· Macro Environment
MODULE 5: STRATEGY FORMULATION vs IMPLEMENTATION
· Planning and Decision Making
· Developing Organizational Strategic Goals
· Innovative and digital business models
· Strategy Execution
· Placing Forces before action
· Managing forces during the action
· Entrepreneurial Activity
· Strategy Formulation and Effectiveness
· Strategy Implementation and Efficiency
· Strategy Formulation as Rational Process
· Strategy Implementation as an operational process
· Strategy formulation, initiative and logical skills
· Strategy Implementation, motivational and leadership traits
MODULE 6: STRATEGIC DECISIONS
· Characteristics of Strategic Decisions
· Implications of Major Resource Propositions
· Growth based on core competencies
· Customer-centric strategic approaches
· Evaluating strategic options
· Harmonizing Organizational Resource Capabilities
MODULE 7: COMPETITOR ANALYSIS
· Competitive Advantage
· Distinctive Advantage
· Human, Social and Intellectual Capital
· Corporate Strategy
· Porter’s Five Forces Model
· Porter’s Five Forces Corporate Analysis
· Strategic Leadership
· Cross-departmental innovation
MODULE 8: IMPLEMENTING A NEW STRATEGY: CHANGE MANAGEMENT
· Interpreting strategic objectives into an execution plan
· Ensuring clear responsibility and accountability
· Incentives and controls
· Learning, feedback and adaptation
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at email@example.com or +254712260031