2023 - 2024 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
Share this Workshop
Disasters, both natural and human-induced, have the potential to cause immense destruction and disruption to communities and societies. Effective disaster and risk management strategies are essential for minimizing the impact of disasters, saving lives, and promoting resilience. The Disaster and Risk Management Course aims to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of disaster management principles, risk assessment, preparedness, response, and recovery.
The course begins with an overview of disaster management, including the concepts of hazards, vulnerability, and risk. Participants will explore different types of disasters, their causes, and the social, economic, and environmental factors that contribute to vulnerability. They will also gain insights into the key principles and frameworks of disaster risk management, including the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction.
Next, the course delves into risk assessment and analysis. Participants will learn how to identify, assess, and prioritize risks using various techniques, such as hazard mapping, vulnerability assessment, and risk modeling. They will gain an understanding of the importance of data collection, analysis, and interpretation in making informed decisions and developing effective risk reduction strategies.
Furthermore, the course covers disaster preparedness and response. Participants will learn about the components of disaster preparedness, including early warning systems, emergency planning, and coordination mechanisms. They will explore the roles and responsibilities of different stakeholders, including government agencies, NGOs, and communities, in responding to disasters effectively. Participants will also gain insights into the key principles and best practices in disaster response, including search and rescue operations, emergency communication, and logistical support.
The course also addresses disaster recovery and resilience. Participants will learn about the challenges and strategies for post-disaster recovery, including the reconstruction of infrastructure, livelihood restoration, and psychosocial support. They will explore the concept of resilience and how it can be integrated into disaster risk management strategies to enhance the capacity of communities to withstand and recover from disasters.
Throughout the course, participants will engage in case studies, group discussions, and practical exercises to apply the concepts and techniques learned. They will have the opportunity to analyze real-world disaster scenarios, develop emergency response plans, and evaluate the effectiveness of risk management strategies.
By the end of the course, participants will have a comprehensive understanding of disaster and risk management principles, strategies, and practices. They will be equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to contribute to effective disaster preparedness, response, and recovery efforts. Whether working in emergency management, community development, public health, or policy planning, participants will have the tools and insights to make a positive impact in reducing disaster risks and building resilient societies.
The primary objective of this course is to enable participants to develop expertise in disaster and risk management. By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
Organizations can derive several benefits from staff members who possess strong disaster and risk management skills. Some key benefits include:
This course is suitable for individuals involved in disaster management, emergency response, and risk mitigation, including:
Module 1: Introduction to Disaster and Risk Management
Module 2: Risk Assessment and Mitigation
Module 3: Disaster Preparedness and Planning
Module 4: Disaster Response and Emergency Operations
Module 5: Disaster Recovery and Rehabilitation
Module 6: Community Resilience and Capacity Building
Module 7: International Frameworks and Cooperation in Disaster Management
Module 8: Environmental Management and Climate Change Adaptation
Module 9: Psychological Support and Mental Health in Disaster Management
Module 10: Case Studies and Best Practices
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031