It’s a known fact that information is processed from facts and figures; we also agree that if data is not well managed it can be overwhelming. Giving a spatial dimension to data and performing spatial analysis in a GIS environment speeds interpretation visualization which eventually speeds up implementation of programs.
Integrating GIS and Remote Sensing as a decision making tool has seen many organizations gain competitive advantage and remain relevant globally. To make timely decisions requires not only innovative ways to access accurate and real time information, but also tools to help present the information in ways that are useful.
Everything that happens in this world has a spatial dimension and this has made GIS applicable across all fields e.g. in agriculture, business, forestry, crime, mining, health, transport and communications, utility management, climate change, planning etc. A geographic information system (GIS) will allow you to bring all types of data inform of layers, overlay them to perform analysis and eventually publish a map from that.
This main objective of this course is to help our client understand how well they can apply GIS and Remote Sensing in their day to day activities of their organization. The course will be hands-on exercises in Quantum GIS (QGIS).
No of Days
- Develop and implement a GIS project
- Master the principles and concepts of GIS and RS
- Acquire, manipulate, save the data sources in a GIS
- Understand how GIS database works and how to update
- Lear how to edit data in GIS
- Learn map design ,symbolization and publishing
- Mastering the output and dissemination of results of a GIS project.
- Present the software and data sources available on the current GIS market
- Learn digital image processing techniques
- Become familiar with specific functionality to the GIS: "Spatial Analysis"
- Discover and use the internet for publishing maps
Introduction to GPS, GIS and Remote Sensing Principles
- Principles of GIS and Remote Sensing
- Components of GIS Systems
- GIS Capabilities and Functions
- Spatial Data Infrastructure
- Introduction to GPS and Global Navigation Satellite
Data Acquisition: Using Mobile based GPS (ODK)
- Principles and concepts of GPS
- Introduction to Mobile Data gathering
- Getting started
- Survey Authoring
- GIS Mapping ODK collected data
- Online web mapping with Google maps
- Exporting to GIS /RS environment for further analysis
- Hosting the data online
Data Acquisition: Extraction of feature from other sources
- Extracting data from Satellite images,
- Extracting data from online GIS data sources
- Importing data to GIS
- Obtaining Data from topographic sheets
- Downloading Data from open street maps
Database Design and development
- Working with spreadsheets data in GIS
- Conceptual and logical database design
- Building and coding the attributes
- Digitizing and scanning of maps
- Relating spatial and attribute data
Editing and management of GIS
- Adding feature to GIS data
- Reducing GIS data
- cutting points of interest in image datasets
- Transforming GIS data
Integrating Imagery and Remote Sensing into GIS
- Radiometric and atmospheric correction
- Temporal normalization
- Geo-coding and geo-referencing
- Signature development
- Supervised Classification
- Unsupervised Classification
- Change detection
- Accuracy assessment
- Creating views and themes
- Working with themes
- Working with attribute tables
- Spatial query and analysis
- Working with charts
- Creating a map layout
- Digital Cartography and Visualization
Introduction to cartographic visualization and the mapping process
- Components of a map
- Map design
- Symbol design
- Name design and placement
- Concept of scale
- Map projections
- Data pre-processing techniques
- Thematic mapping;
- Digital mapping
Online Publishing of maps and GIS outputs
- Working with Google Maps and Fusion Tables
- Publishing into other web based platforms
- Case study of a related programme use of GIS and RS technology
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at email@example.com or +254712260031
Foscore Development Center |Training Courses | Monitoring and Evaluation|Data Analysis|Market Research |M&E Consultancy |ICT Services |Mobile Data Collection | ODK Course | KoboToolBox | GIS and Environment |Agricultural Services |Business Analytics specializing in short courses in GIS, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Data Management, Data Analysis, Research, Social Development, Community Development, Finance Management, Finance Analysis, Humanitarian and Agriculture, Mobile data Collection, Mobile data Collection training, Mobile data Collection training Nairobi, Mobile data Collection training Kenya, ODK, ODK training, ODK training Nairobi, ODK training Kenya, Open Data Kit, Open Data Kit training, Open Data Kit Training, capacity building, consultancy and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and experienced consultants, in a wide array of disciplines
Other Upcoming Online Workshops
|| Monitoring Evaluation and Data Analysis for Community Based Projects Course
|| Debt Collection, Recovery, Negotiation, and Credit Control Management
|| Advanced Management Program Course
|| Leadership, Communication and Interpersonal Skills for Managers
|| Leadership and Diplomacy Training Course
|| Business Continuity Planning and Management Course
|| Financial Management, ERP systems, Accounting, Capital budgeting, Presentation design, Management, a
|| Research Design, SurveyCTO Mobile Data Collection, GIS Mapping Data Analysis using NVIVO and PYTHON
|| Human Rights Leadership Development Course
|| GIS and Remote Sensing for Agricultural Resource Management Course