The course equips you with the relevant knowledge, skills and values to identify clients exposed to traumatic events and provide trauma support services in the immediate aftermath of traumatic events, under supervision of an appropriately trained/registered mental health professional. Through this training, you will come to understand concepts of First Aid, the principles of trauma recovery sessions, and effective treatments for people suffering from PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).
· Situations in which trauma may occur
· Physical, emotional, cognitive and behavioral symptoms of trauma-related stress
· Symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder
· Components of trauma that impact on communities
· stages in recovery from trauma
· Demonstrate the appropriate application of counselling
Who should attend?
Health practitioners who are beginning, or are in the early stages of their career in security and risk management, emergency response/ medical personnel, NGO staff, professional counsellors, Trauma support staff, emergency responders etc.
• Introduction to Trauma
• Physiological and Psychological Reactions to Trauma
• Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic Grief
• Community Trauma in Natural Disasters
• Community Trauma in Man-made Events
• Workplace Trauma and Critical Incident Stress Debriefing
• Childhood Trauma in Experiences and Impacts
• Approaches to Counselling Children
• Counselling Traumatized Clients
• Counselling traumatized Clients
• Trauma Counselling Strategies and Techniques
• Counsellor, Responding to Trauma
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at email@example.com or +254712260031
Foscore Development Center |Training Courses | Monitoring and Evaluation|Data Analysis|Market Research |M&E Consultancy |ICT Services |Mobile Data Collection | ODK Course | KoboToolBox | GIS and Environment |Agricultural Services |Business Analytics specializing in short courses in GIS, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Data Management, Data Analysis, Research, Social Development, Community Development, Finance Management, Finance Analysis, Humanitarian and Agriculture, Mobile data Collection, Mobile data Collection training, Mobile data Collection training Nairobi, Mobile data Collection training Kenya, ODK, ODK training, ODK training Nairobi, ODK training Kenya, Open Data Kit, Open Data Kit training, Open Data Kit Training, capacity building, consultancy and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and experienced consultants, in a wide array of disciplines
Other Upcoming Workshops Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Dubai