2024 - 2025 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
Share this Workshop
The primary objective of compiling an effective Grant Proposal is to convince the grant provider that the funds requested will add intrinsic and sustainable value to both society and humanity. The protection of the fundamental human rights of victims and non-combatants in the event of armed conflict is currently a key focus for the purpose of securing international donor funding. International Donor Funding Agencies are amenable to the provision of funding when the rationale is the sustainability of superordinate objectives, e.g. The Millennium Development Goals. Both the emerging economies of the world, inclusive of BRICS as well as other Third World nations are wrought by conflict and humanitarian as well as natural disasters. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Geneva Convention provide generic frameworks within which to include superordinate Millennium Development goals and subsequently pursue the attainment of International Donor Funding. The course structure and content enable the delegate, post course completion to expeditiously assimilate and subsequently implement effective grant and proposal writing skills.
The skills gleaned in this course will also assist the delegate to implement a lateral value perspective across the organization because a train the trainer approach can be adopted post completion of the course. This comprehensive and constructive Certificate Training Course will provide its delegates with a practical understanding of key elements and components to be included in grant and proposal writing.
The ultimate objective of this Certificate Training Course on Grant and Proposal Writing is to empower the delegate to synergistically align their respective skill sets with broader organizational objectives aligned with the acquisition of international donor funding.This course will consequently succinctly equip you with the skills to assimilate concepts and develop a contextual interpretation of how your organization can constructively co-operate with and consistently ensure the acquisition of grant funding in multi sectoral arenas.
Upon completing this Grant and Proposal Writing Certificate Training Course, participants will be able to:
• Learn how to write an effective grant proposal that encapsulates the primary strategic objectives of the organization and how these impact on attainment of the MDG’s (Millennium Development Goals)
• Discover how to assimilate international prerequisites pertaining to the acquisition of donor funding into a contextual framework of localized objectives
• Succinctly encapsulate in grant proposals a definitive summary of the objectives of key organizational implementation plans
• Study and practice how to consistently and constructively deliver on all your organization’s relevant primary objectives pertaining to the course content Recognise how to spot and avoid common errors when reviewing existing grant and proposal submissions
• Acquire an understanding of the principles, procedure and protocol pertaining to the acquisition of international donor funding including its potential and impact
• Display knowledge and understanding of the main sources of international donor funding and how it is used to alleviate natural and humanitarian disasters
• Identify and critically evaluate the main weaknesses of procedure and protocol pertaining to the acquisition of international donor funding in your organization
• Understand the practical impact of the acquisition of international donor funding for your organization
• Understand the roles, functions and responsibilities of various actors, organizations, and institutions in the international donor funding arena
Who Should Attend?
This Grant and Proposal Writing Certification Training Course would be best suited for:
• Professionals – NGO staff, human rights advocates, social workers, humanitarian donor agencies and public servants who want to deepen their expertise in this specific issue
• All individuals whose responsibilities include the acquisition of funding especially for the improvement of broader social objectives
• NGO Staff
• Human Rights Advocates
• Social Workers
• Anyone responsible for the acquisition of funding on behalf of their organizations
MODULE 1: BACKGROUND AND INTRODUCTION TO GRANT AND PROPOSAL WRITING
• Principles o History o Legal Requirements o Definitions
• What is Grant and Proposal Writing?
• International Donor Funding Agencies
• Principles of International Donor Funding
MODULE 2: THE IMPORTANCE OF INTERNATIONAL DONOR FUNDING
Why is International Donor Funding Important?
• Compliance with requisite procedure
• Implications for World Peace
• Specific Task Assignment: Comprehensively analyse “the complexities of the United Nations relief efforts in Afghanistan to develop a best-case scenario”
• The intercept between Effective Grant and Proposal Writing and Impact on recipient communities (Case Study)
MODULE 3: FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS AND PROCEDURE IN GRANT AND PROPOSAL WRITING
• Creating the first draft
• Creating an Idea Map
• Creating the final draft
MODULE 4: STRUCTURING YOUR PROPOSAL
• Needs assessment and stakeholder analysis/linking with strategic plans
• Problem analysis
• Selecting project interventions
• Project hypothesis
• Project design hierarchy and planning frameworks
• Project goals, objectives, outputs, and activities
• Indicators and targets
• Monitoring and evaluation
• Logical framework
MODULE 5: SOURCING INTERNATIONAL DONOR FUNDING
• Key facts about Donors
• Exploring Partnerships
• Developing Networking
• Mobilizing Funding
• Identifying Worldwide Donors
• Youth Empowerment Grants
Assignment: How and why you should improve your organization’s grant and proposal writing capacity?
MODULE 6: UNSOLICITED PROPOSALS
• Concept Notes
• Developing a Proposal Template
• Case Study: Resource Co-ordination and Proposal Writing (An Integrated Approach)
MODULE 7: ESSENTIALS IN PROPOSAL WRITING: THEORY OF CHANGE (VIDEO)
• Project Scope
• Project Complexity
• Theory of Change Assimilation
• Integrating Situation Specific Requirements
• Case Study Construction: Mapping Reality
• Grant and Proposal Writing Questionnaire How not to Impress a Donor How NGO’s can build a Network?
MODULE 8: DEVELOPING SUSTAINED FINESSE IN GRANT AND PROPOSAL WRITING
• Network Building for NGO’s using Grant Proposal Writing How to inculcate organizational accountability?
• Essentials in Proposal Writing
• Effective encapsulation of project goals and objectives
• NGO Funding Possibilities
• NGO Sustainability Planning
• Fundraising using Special Events
• Scams in Fundraising
• Securing Core Funding
• What to do in case your grant proposal is rejected?
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at email@example.com or +254712260031