In the event of a disaster, the existing water storage facilities are inadequate to meet the current or expected demands. The existing water supply pipe lines are vulnerable and basic WASH materials are lacking to meet the demand in the event of the disaster. Preparedness and response capacities of health facilities are insufficient due to the lack of trained professional human resources, lack of coordination and inadequate policies. Issues at Health Sector level include the lack of health personnel preparedness for hazards other than epidemics, lack of awareness and knowledge on DRM, the lack of implementation of the health disaster preparedness and response plans, and no mechanism for networking and resources sharing.
No of Days
- Disaster Terminology, Disaster Management
- Cycle, Sphere Standard
- Epidemiological Management During Emergency
- Solid/ Medical Waste Management
- What is Hygiene Promotion?
- Drinking Water Quality, Treatment and Hygiene
- Practical on Drinking water quality, treatment and hygiene
- Sanitation, its importance, type and its use during emergency
- Practical on toilet construction during emergency
- Six Steps to Hygiene Promotion
- Risk Practices
- Practices to target
- Motivating Behavior Change
- Communicating Hygiene
- Conclusion: Hygiene Promotion: Practical and Effective
- Application of GIS in WASH and public health
- Introduction to GIS
- Spatial Data collection in GIS for WASH and public health
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031
Foscore Development Center |Training Courses | Monitoring and Evaluation|Data Analysis|Market Research |M&E Consultancy |ICT Services |Mobile Data Collection | ODK Course | KoboToolBox | GIS and Environment |Agricultural Services |Business Analytics specializing in short courses in GIS, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Data Management, Data Analysis, Research, Social Development, Community Development, Finance Management, Finance Analysis, Humanitarian and Agriculture, Mobile data Collection, Mobile data Collection training, Mobile data Collection training Nairobi, Mobile data Collection training Kenya, ODK, ODK training, ODK training Nairobi, ODK training Kenya, Open Data Kit, Open Data Kit training, Open Data Kit Training, capacity building, consultancy and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and experienced consultants, in a wide array of disciplines
Other Upcoming Online Workshops