The course will purpose to empower participants with Microsoft Office skills to harness the power of computing for their own benefit and gain a great knowledge of computer.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone who has little or no computer literacy.
Module 1: Introduction to Computers and Windows Operating System
- Basic computer terminology.
- What is a computer?
- What is an operating system?
- What are the major physical components of the computer?
- What is the desktop?
- Quick Launch Toolbar
- Start menu
- My Computer
- Task Manager
- Windows and its components
- Minimize/Maximize/Close buttons
- Title bar
- Navigating a webpage
- Web site
- Home page
- Search engine
- Web browsing (IE, Netscape, Mozilla)
- Menu options
- Minimize, maximize and close
- File Management
- Create a new folder.
- Copy/Move files from one folder to another.
- Drag and Drop files.
- Create different file types with varying extensions.
- Create a shortcut to an often-used file or application.
- Utilize the hard drive and other drives for file management.
- Rename/Delete a folder or file.
- Use the Recycle Bin appropriately.
Module 2: Microsoft Word
- Starting Microsoft Word
- Quitting Microsoft Word
- File Management
- Creating A New Document
- Saving A Document in Microsoft Word
- Saving To Different Locations
- Opening An Existing Document
- Moving around the Document
- Delete Text
- Selecting Text
- Move and Copy Text
- Checking Spelling and Grammar
- Document Enhancements
- Character Formatting
- Paragraph Formatting
- Bulleted and Numbered Lists
- Page and Document Attributes
- Document Views
- Custom Margins and Page Layout
- Page Numbers, Headers and Footers
- Page Breaks
- Tables and Styles
- Mail merge
- Drawing Bar
- Inserting Objects Vs Linking Objects
- Editing and Formatting Graphics
- Table Of Contents And Printing
- To compile a table of contents by using built-in heading styles:
- List of Figures
- Table of Index
Module 3: Microsoft Excel
- Creating a Basic Worksheet
- Performing Calculations
- Modifying a Worksheet
- Formatting a Worksheet
- Printing Workbook Contents
- Data Analysis and Presentation
- Validating and Updating data
- Types of spread sheets
- Examples of spread sheets
- Advantages of electronic spread sheets
- Functions of spread sheets
- Applications of spread sheets
- Getting Started
- To launch Ms Excel 2003;
- Parts of Ms Excel Applications Window
- Features of microsoft excel
- Data entry in ms excel
- Types of formula
- Entering data in a cell
- Selecting data in a work sheet
- Formatting A Worksheet
- Auto formats
- Data reference
- Editing a worksheet
- Functions and formula
- Calculation operators:
- Using various functions
- Data management functions
o Goal seek
o Sorting and filtering
o Auto filter
o Advanced filter
o Data validation
- Microsoft excel charts and graphs
o Steps of creating a chart
o Types of charts
o Creating a pivot table
o Formatting charts
o Setting print area, page setup and passwords
o Page setup and printing
o Repeating titles in every page (column labels)
o Print order/ print area
o To protect your work book / work sheet
o To protect a work book
o Data forms
o Errors values
o Freeze pane
o Split panes
Module 4: Microsoft Outlook
- How to use features of Outlook
- How to compose and organize your email
- How to work with contacts
- How to use calendar features
- How to do Outlook tasks
Module 5: Microsoft PowerPoint
- New Features of PowerPoint
- Creating presentations with PowerPoint
- Apply pre-production organizational concepts (such as storyboarding and visual organizers)
- Open and close a presentation or presentation template
- Save a presentation file
- Create an original presentation or use a template
- Rearrange slides using slide sorter or a storyboard feature to organize a presentation
- Choose a slide format
- Use icons and menus
- Type/enter text or create a text box
- Change (Font size, Font type, Style or effects, Color )
- Cut, copy, and paste text
- Use undo and redo icons
- Select and resize graphics, pictures, clip art
- Select multimedia clips or sounds
- Use page setup
- Use slide show tool
- Transitions and animations
- Graphics, clip art, sounds, and multimedia files (including narration)
- Modifying background and layout of presentation slides
- Use of spell check, grammar check, and thesaurus
- Use find, change, and replace tools
- Apply principles and elements of graphic design
- Use tools to rotate, edit, or highlight text
- Insert objects such as graphs, charts, and spreadsheets
- Insert hyperlinks
- Use print preview
- Print audience handouts to support a multimedia presentation
- Insert page/slide numbers
- Manage headers and footers
- Edit master slide(s)
- Adjust presentation timing, action buttons, and looping
- Import animations, sounds, and multimedia from other files/applications (such as background music and visual organizers)
- Create presentations using navigation buttons and non-linear design
- Work in various modes/views (such as outline, notes, and presentation)
- Use function keys and keyboard shortcuts
- Adjust page/slide views
- Troubleshoot formatting problems -- use Help feature
- Modify tool bars to reflect current use for tool(s)
Module 6: Microsoft Access
- How to create and design Access databases
- How to work with Access tables, relationships, keys and constraints
- How to query data
- How to manage and design interfaces with Access Forms
- How to create basic to advanced reports
- How to automate tasks with Macros and VBA
Module 7: Web Surfing
- Social Media Security
- Drop box
- Google Drive
Module 8: Virus Control (Antivirus Management Techniques)
- Types of viruses
o Software Bugs.
o Trojan Horses.
o Software Chameleons.
o Software Bombs.
o Logic Bombs.
o Time Bombs.
- Classification Of Viruses
o Resident viruses
o Non-resident viruses
- Vectors and hosts
- History Of Viruses
- Ways in which a virus can infect a computer
- Different Approaches Of Dealing With Virus
o Dictionary approach
o Suspicious approach
o Heuristic approach
o Sandbox approach
o File type approach
o White listing approach
- Issues Of Concern
- Replication strategy
- Types of transmission media and files commonly targeted by viruses.
- Methods that viruses use to avoid detection
- Vulnerable computer spots
- Virus Detection
- What to do if infected
- Introduction to antivirus softwares
o Types of antivirus softwares
o How antivirus softwares work
o Installing, managing, updating and using antivirus softwares
o Preventive measures
o Counter measures (user education)
o Recovery methods
o Policies that can be implemented to control virus risk in computers
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031
Foscore Development Center |Training Courses | Monitoring and Evaluation|Data Analysis|Market Research |M&E Consultancy |ICT Services |Mobile Data Collection | ODK Course | KoboToolBox | GIS and Environment |Agricultural Services |Business Analytics specializing in short courses in GIS, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Data Management, Data Analysis, Research, Social Development, Community Development, Finance Management, Finance Analysis, Humanitarian and Agriculture, Mobile data Collection, Mobile data Collection training, Mobile data Collection training Nairobi, Mobile data Collection training Kenya, ODK, ODK training, ODK training Nairobi, ODK training Kenya, Open Data Kit, Open Data Kit training, Open Data Kit Training, capacity building, consultancy and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and experienced consultants, in a wide array of disciplines
Other Upcoming Online Workshops