2020 - 2021 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
KoBoToolbox is a free and open source software that is suitable for field data collection in challenging environments. It allows data collection using Android enabled mobile devices and data submission to an online server.
This training will equip the participants with skills to develop, implement and manage mobile data collection platform using KoboToolbox
Who Should Attend?
Targeted to researchers, project staff, managers, development practitioners who are involved in field data collection
No of Days
· Create survey forms using Build or XLSForms
· Set up Form Builder, Kobo Collect and KoboToolbox
· Upload forms to KoboToolbox server
· Load forms into Kobo Collect on an Android device
· Use Kobo Collect to fill out forms with field participants
· Upload survey data from Kobo Collect to KoboToolbox server
· Analyse and manage collected data
Section 1: Introduction to Mobile Data Collection
· Introduction to mobile data collection
· Common mobile based data collection platforms
· Data aggregation, storage, and dissemination
· Understanding question types forming a questionnaire
Section 2: Introduction to KoboToolbox
· Components of KoboToolbox
· KoboToolBox Form builder
· KoboToolbox server
Section 3: Configuration of KoboToolBox Server and KoBoCollect
· KoBoCollect Installation from google play
· Manual installation of KoBoCollect
· KoBoCollect Menus, Settings and Security
· Best practices for KoBoCollect
· Configuring KoboToolBox Server
· Setting up local server
· Uploading the form to KoboToolBox Server
· Managing forms in KoboToolBox Server
· Working with submitted data in KoboToolBox Server
· Administering KoboToolBox Server
Section 4: Creating and Designing forms using Formbuilder
· Designing forms online using Formbuilder
· Uploading forms to KoboToolBox Server
· Form properties
Section 5: Creating and Designing XLSform
· Introduction to XLSForm
· Components of XLSForm
· Question types
· Form Logic, styling, language
· Form operators and functions
· Constraints & Skips
· Form validation
· Uploading form to KoboToolBox Server
Section 6: Field data collection using KoboCollect
· Filling forms in KoBoCollect
· Managing forms in KoBoCollect
· Collecting different types of data
· Advanced use and best practices
· Submitting data to KoboToolBox Server
Section 7: Data Management
· Exporting data from KoboToolBox Server as CSV
· Downloading data in different formats
· Formatting data for further analysis using statistical applications
· Outputting data through Google spreadsheet
Section 8: Data Visualization in GIS
· Exporting GPS Coordinates to Google maps
· Exporting GPS data for Mapping/Visualizing
· Visualizing GIS data using QGIS
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participant’s needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore Development Center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at Foscore Development Center (FDC-K) in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participants within east Africa and more than twenty participants all over the world.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done two weeks before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.