Financial knowledge and skills are fundamental to any managerial position. From understanding financial statements to analysing them, from cost impacts to variance analysis, from decision making to budgeting, this training course gives hands-on practical experience to non-financial managers to understand the concepts and techniques to help them in key decision-making areas, which in turn gives impetus to the bottom line of the business.
Financial information can give a clear picture of incidences that have happened, and a sound basis for forecasting future events. It can also display whether activities are cost-effective, whether objectives and targets have been met, and can be used to gauge and measure comparative performance and profitability.
This training course will empower you to be prepared to make more powerful and informed business decisions. From understanding the essence of cash flow to learning how to create value on a corporate level. This program covers all major principles of corporate finance.
Who should attend?
Directors, managers or anyone who uses financial information in the course of their work.
· Understanding accounts
· Understanding Financial Management
· Understanding Financial Statements
· Understanding Financial Ratios
· Understanding Working Capital Management
· Use of excel in finance
Module 1 – Basic Accounting Concepts
· The Accounting Process
· Cash Vs. Mercantile Accounting
· Accrual Concept
· Stock Valuation – FIFO Vs. LIFO
· Types of Accounting
· Revenue Recognition
· Cap-ex. vs. Op-ex.
· Understanding of Depreciation/Amortization
· Tangible vs. Intangible vs. Capital W-I-P
· Current vs. Non-current
Module 2 – Introduction to Financial Statements
· Profit & Loss Account including OCI
· Balance Sheet and SOCIE
· Cash Flow Statement
· Notes to Accounts
Module 3 – Financial Statement Analysis
· P&L Statement Analysis
· Balance Sheet Analysis
· Funds Flow Analysis
· Ratio Analysis
· Trend Analysis
· Common Size Analysis
Module 4 – Working Capital Management
· Concept of Working Capital
· Managing Inventory and Trade Receivables
· Managing Trade Payables
· Budgeting and Working Capital Management
Module 5 – Capital Budgeting
· Capital Expenditure Evaluation
· NPV Technique
· IRR Technique
· Pay Back Method
· Risk Analysis
Module 6 – Cost Management and Costing Techniques
· Cost Concepts
· Various Costing Methods
· Breakeven Analysis
· Costing Vs. Budgeting
· Strategic cost management
Module 7 – Revenue Management
· Revenue Recognition and possible revenue leakages
· Revenue Vs. Trade Receivables
· Revenue Vs. Trade Payables
· Revenue Vs. Foreign Exchange Management
Module 8 – Introduction to IFRS
· Introduction to the concept of Accounting Standards
· Generally applicable IFRS
· Discussion on Specific IFRS
Module 9 – Use of Advanced Excel
· Assessing Financials with Formulas in excel
· Advanced Functions in excel
· Financial functions in Excel
· Building Professional Charts in Excel
· Working with Pivot Tables in Excel
· Charts presentations in excel
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at email@example.com or +254712260031
Foscore Development Center |Training Courses | Monitoring and Evaluation|Data Analysis|Market Research |M&E Consultancy |ICT Services |Mobile Data Collection | ODK Course | KoboToolBox | GIS and Environment |Agricultural Services |Business Analytics specializing in short courses in GIS, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Data Management, Data Analysis, Research, Social Development, Community Development, Finance Management, Finance Analysis, Humanitarian and Agriculture, Mobile data Collection, Mobile data Collection training, Mobile data Collection training Nairobi, Mobile data Collection training Kenya, ODK, ODK training, ODK training Nairobi, ODK training Kenya, Open Data Kit, Open Data Kit training, Open Data Kit Training, capacity building, consultancy and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and experienced consultants, in a wide array of disciplines
Other Upcoming Workshops Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Dubai