2020 - 2021 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
This course comprises 10 modules, each with their own learning objectives and target deliverable. This training introduces students to both the social and technical aspects of digital mapping. Students will learn fundamental concepts and techniques in cartography and GIS, including file types, data classification, projections and coordinate systems and elementary analytical techniques in a range of desktop and web-based mapping platforms.
In addition to providing the fundamental technical competencies necessary to create maps, students will develop the critical awareness required to effectively communicate complex social processes through maps. Modules consist of an applied “hands-on” lesson.
No of Days
Module 1: Introduction to new maps plus, cartography and GIS, and creating maps in QGIS
Module 2: Thematic data mapping with table joins
Module 03: Geocoding and point in polygon analysis
Module 04: Hexbin and heat mapping
Module 05: Creating and editing vector Geometries
Module 06: Openstreetmap data and Introduction to Geoprocessing tools
Module 07: Geoprocessing in QGIS and automating workflows
Module 08: Integrating QGIS with cartodb
Module 09: Advanced mapping techniques with QGIS and cartodb
Module 10: Bringing it all together (course project)
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus five hour adventure drive to the National game park.
· Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
· On registering online you will automatically receive invoice and invitation letter to enable you attend the training