2021 - 2022 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
Epidemiology seeks to determine associations between exposure risk and disease that are spatially dependent. Public health focuses on the health of populations rather than of individuals and focuses more on prevention of health problems. These efforts fall naturally within the domain of problems requiring use of spatial analysis as part of the solution, and GIS and other spatial analysis tools are therefore recognized as providing potentially transformational capabilities for Epidemiology and public health efforts.
This course is to link common public health questions with appropriate statistical procedures; to offer a strong conceptual grounding in several important statistical procedures; and to describe how to interpret the results from the statistics in ways that are principled and will be persuasive to intended audiences using simple software tools. Statistics are a mainstay in the toolkit of public health professionals. Human memory being what it is, however, even Public health professionals with reasonable statistical training, over the years, often forget the basics. If professionals are going to make sensible use of consultants, communicate effectively with funders, and understand others’ reports, then they often need at least a conceptual understanding of relatively complex, recently developed statistical techniques.
Our main goal is to help the participants acquire hands-on skills in use of Geographic Information System (GIS) as a tool to capture, store, analyze, manage, and visualize disease cases data that is geographically linked. The participants will also acquire statistical data analysis skills.
Epidemiology and public health concepts and frameworks
Mobile Data Collection Technology
GIS data management in epidemiology and public health
Spatial mapping and Visualization in Epidemiology and Public health
GIS for monitoring in Epidemiology and public health
Participatory GIS and use of mobile GIS
Basic statistical data analysis for Epidemiology and Public health
Graphs, Charts and Line Graphs
Data Quality reporting
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus free five hour adventure drive to the National game park.
· Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
· For any enquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031