Gender is a basic organizing principle of societies, particularly in the division of labor in families, communities, and the marketplace. The training examines gender influences in the participants’ own lives, cultural and societal expectations of men and women, how systems and institutions create and maintain gender roles and relationships, and how these factors affect the development process. Its purpose is to improve the knowledge, attitudes, and skills of development workers so as to create gender-responsive institutions, policies, programs, and projects.
The overall purpose of the training is to enhance the gender-responsive planning of key institutions and the management skills of their employees so that they can more effectively play their part in implementing gender-sensitive development policies as well as mainstreaming gender in order to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, SDG’s.
No of Days
· To formulate strategies for incorporating gender considerations into the design, planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of community-based projects, and into the structure, policies, and operations of institutions.
· To develop an understanding of basic concepts and approaches for analyzing roles, relationships, and situations from a gender perspective;
· To increase sensitivity to a broad range of gender issues
· To improve skills in analyzing and managing gender-related roles, relationships, and situations
Overview of Gender and Development
· Definition of Gender
· The Concept of Gender and Development
· Gender Role Expectations and Stereotypes
· Institutional/System Influences on Gender Stereotypes
· Gender Dynamics and Development
· Exploring Attitudes towards Gender
· Social Construction of Gender
Gender Roles and Relations
· Gender perceptions and expectations
· Perceptions of Women and Men
· Gender Roles
· Types of Gender Roles
· Cultural Basis of Gender Stereotyping
· Strategies for Challenging and Eliminating Gender Stereotypes and Barriers
· Gender-based Division and Valuation of Labour
· Course Review and Assignment
Gender Development Issues
· Identifying Gender Issues
· Gender roles, relations, and life choices
· Gender Roles and Power Relationship
· Gender Roles and Relationships Matrix
· Gender Sensitive Language
· Gender and Governance
· Gender and Human Rights
· Gender Statistics
· Gender and leadership
Gender Analysis and Policy Development
· Introduction to Gender Analysis
· Why Gender Analysis
· Variables used in Generating Data
· Gender Analysis Frameworks
· Gender Analysis Tools
· How to do a Gender Analysis
· How to do a Gendered Analysis
· Gender and Policy Development
· Emerging Lessons on Mainstreaming Gender in National Policy Frameworks
· Course Review and Assignment
· Definition of Gender Mainstreaming
· Gender Mainstreaming as a Strategy
· The Concept of Gender Mainstreaming
· Approaches to Gender Mainstreaming and Integration
· Methods and Strategies of Gender Mainstreaming
· The Role of Men in Gender Mainstreaming
· Challenges to Effective Gender Mainstreaming
· Gender Mainstreaming and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
· Gender Mainstreaming Best practices
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at email@example.com or +254712260031
Foscore Development Center |Training Courses | Monitoring and Evaluation|Data Analysis|Market Research |M&E Consultancy |ICT Services |Mobile Data Collection | ODK Course | KoboToolBox | GIS and Environment |Agricultural Services |Business Analytics specializing in short courses in GIS, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Data Management, Data Analysis, Research, Social Development, Community Development, Finance Management, Finance Analysis, Humanitarian and Agriculture, Mobile data Collection, Mobile data Collection training, Mobile data Collection training Nairobi, Mobile data Collection training Kenya, ODK, ODK training, ODK training Nairobi, ODK training Kenya, Open Data Kit, Open Data Kit training, Open Data Kit Training, capacity building, consultancy and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and experienced consultants, in a wide array of disciplines
Other Upcoming Workshops Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Dubai