2022 - 2023 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
Rapid population growth and urbanization combined with extreme climatic events are causing a rapid increase in vulnerability of communities exposed to hazardous events. As a result, disasters are increasingly taking a heavy toll on life and property. Growth both in urban and non-urban areas calls for integration of adequate measures to reduce the impact of disasters. There is increased need for risk- informed decision making in planning for effective coping mechanisms for disaster risk reduction. This course will create significant awareness among the disaster management Professionals regarding the importance of GIS usage.
• Utilize spatial data, GIS and remote sensing in disaster risk assessment and management;
• Utilize existing sources of historical disaster information and elements at risk data;
• Apply GIS/remote sensing in hazard, vulnerability and risk assessment;
• Employ risk information in emergency preparedness planning;
• Visualize hazard and risk information; and
• Apply GIS/remote sensing to post-disaster damage assessment.
Who should attend?
The course is open to all participants who are working or will be working in the organizations where spatial information is used or considered to be used for the purpose of disaster risk management, disaster management, or disaster risk reduction. There is no prerequisite GIS knowledge for participant who is interested in this course.
MODULE 1: Terminologies of disaster management
• Terminologies of disaster management
• GIS and remote sensing
• Handling spatial information
MODULE 2: Post-Disaster Impact and Damage Analysis
• use of satellite imagery for disaster relief and recovery
• Impact analysis and preliminary damage assessment
• Building damage assessment
MODULE 3: Pre-Disaster Risk Assessment
• Hazard Assessment
• Elements at risk and vulnerability assessment
• Types and methods of risk assessment, risk evaluation, cost-benefit
MODULE 4: Risk Information for Risk Reduction Planning
• Risk evaluation
• Visualization of risk information
• Risk information and spatial planning
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031