2023 - 2024 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
Share this Workshop
The GIS for Disaster Risk Management Course is a comprehensive 5-day program designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to effectively utilize Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for disaster risk management. GIS plays a crucial role in understanding and mitigating the impacts of disasters by analyzing spatial data and facilitating informed decision-making. This course aims to equip participants with the necessary tools and techniques to apply GIS in disaster risk assessment, planning, and response.
Organization Benefits: By participating in the GIS for Disaster Risk Management Course, organizations can expect the following benefits:
Who Should Attend: This course is relevant to professionals and individuals involved in disaster risk management, emergency response, spatial planning, and related roles within organizations, including:
Duration: 5 Days
Module 1: Introduction to GIS for Disaster Risk Management
Module 2: GIS Data Collection and Management
Module 3: Spatial Analysis for Risk Assessment
Module 4: Scenario Modeling and Impact Assessment
Module 5: GIS for Emergency Response and Decision Support
Module 6: Spatial Data Visualization and Mapping
Module 7: Spatial Data Integration and Interoperability
Module 8: Spatial Data Ethics and Privacy
Module 9: Case Studies in GIS for Disaster Risk Management
Module 10: Practical Exercises and Hands-on Training
Module 11: GIS for Risk Communication and Stakeholder Engagement
Module 12: Future Trends and Innovations in GIS for Disaster Risk Management
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031