This course is in the Data Warehouse for Business Intelligence specialization. Effectively and efficiently mining data is the very center of any modern business’s competitive strategy, and a data warehouse is a core component of this data mining. The ability to quickly look back at early trends and have accurate data – properly formatted – is essential to good decision-making. By enabling this historical overview, a data warehouse allows decision-makers to learn from past trends and challenges. In essence, the benefit of a data warehouse is continuous improvement.
By the end of the course, you will be able to enhance the Conformity And Quality of Data by gaining the knowledge and skills for using data warehouses for business intelligence purposes and for working as a business intelligence developer. You’ll have the opportunity to work with large data sets in a data warehouse environment and will learn the use of MicroStrategy's Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) and Visualization capabilities to create visualizations and dashboards. The course gives an overview of how business intelligence technologies can support decision-making across any number of business sectors. These technologies have had a profound impact on corporate strategy, performance, and competitiveness and broadly encompass decision support systems, business intelligence systems, and visual analytics. Modules are organized around the business intelligence concepts, tools, and applications, and the use of a data warehouse for business reporting and online analytical processing, for creating visualizations and dashboards, and for business performance management and descriptive analytics. This course is intended for business analysts and anyone with career interests in business intelligence.
Upon completing this Business Intelligence Analyst and Data Science Certification Course successfully, participants will be able to:
- Gather, organize, analyse, and visualize data
- Use data for improved business decision-making
- Represent data as informational metrics, reports, dashboards, and KPIs
- Perform quantitative and qualitative business analysis
- Analyse current and historical data
- Find how to discover trends, market conditions, and perform competitor analysis using data
- Understand the fundamentals of data that leads to the science behind it
- Solve real-world business analysis tasks
Who Should Attend?
This Business Intelligence Analyst and Data Science course would be suitable for:
- Beginners to programming and data science
- Individuals enthusiastic about job prospects in the field of business intelligence or data science
- Applicants willing to boost their resume by learning how to combine knowledge with real-world issues
- Programmers who want to develop business reasoning to solve various business problems
- Anyone who is pursuing a career in Business Intelligence Analysis or Data Science
MODULE 1: BASICS OF INSIGHT GENERATION
- Data analytics is the new sliced bread
- Data value chain
- Tools for generating insights
- Business intelligence and data mining
MODULE 2: THE DIFFERENT DATA SCIENCE FIELDS
- Analysis vs analytics
- Why are there so many data science catchwords?
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- Introduction to Data Analytics
- Introduction to Data Science
- Introduction to Business Intelligence (BI), Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- BI vs. ML vs. AI – key characteristics and differences
MODULE 3: INTRODUCTION TO DATA AND DATA SCIENCE
- What is data science?
- History of data vs. information vs. data science
- What is the purpose of data science fields?
- Why do we need data science disciplines?
MODULE 4: COMMON DATA SCIENCE TECHNIQUES
- Traditional Data: Techniques
- Traditional Data: Real-life Examples
- Big Data: Techniques
- Big Data: Real-life Examples
- Business Intelligence (BI): Techniques
- Business Intelligence (BI): Real-life Examples
- Traditional Methods: Techniques
- Traditional Methods: Real-life Examples
- Machine Learning (ML): Techniques
- Machine Learning (ML): Types of Machine Learning
- Machine Learning (ML): Real-life Examples
MODULE 5: COMMON DATA SCIENCE TOOLS
- All the tools needed in business intelligence analytics and data science
- Data Science Jobs: what do they involve and what to look out for?
- Dispelling common misconceptions
- Population vs sample
MODULE 6: BASIC STATISTICS: FOUNDATIONS OF QUANTITATIVE INSIGHTS
- Basic statistics
- Types of variables
- Measures of central tendency
- Measures of dispersion
MODULE 7: THE NORMAL DISTRIBUTION AND HISTOGRAMS
- Normal distribution and histograms
- The empirical rule
- Covariance and correlation
MODULE 8: DATA VISUALISATION
- Data visualisation and Anscombe’s Quartet
- Data Cleaning using Tableau
- Bar chart and heat maps
MODULE 9: ADVANCED CHARTS AND DASHBOARDS
- Bar in bar graph and bullet graph visualisation
- Generating insights from social media data
MODULE 10: DEMAND FORECASTING
- Regression analysis
- Demand forecasting
- Demand forecasting & smoothing methods
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at email@example.com or +254712260031
Foscore Development Center |Training Courses | Monitoring and Evaluation|Data Analysis|Market Research |M&E Consultancy |ICT Services |Mobile Data Collection | ODK Course | KoboToolBox | GIS and Environment |Agricultural Services |Business Analytics specializing in short courses in GIS, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Data Management, Data Analysis, Research, Social Development, Community Development, Finance Management, Finance Analysis, Humanitarian and Agriculture, Mobile data Collection, Mobile data Collection training, Mobile data Collection training Nairobi, Mobile data Collection training Kenya, ODK, ODK training, ODK training Nairobi, ODK training Kenya, Open Data Kit, Open Data Kit training, Open Data Kit Training, capacity building, consultancy and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and experienced consultants, in a wide array of disciplines
Other Upcoming Online Workshops