The purpose this course is to increase participant’s knowledge and understanding of the concept of gender, and gender-based violence, sexuality, and rights. It will further take a look at the various forms of gender-based violence and the core principles for a code of conduct, reporting mechanisms and developing a programmatic response.
· Understanding of the concept of gender, and gender-based violence, sexuality, and rights.
· Various forms of gender-based violence and the core principles for a code of conduct, reporting mechanisms and developing a programmatic response.
· Concepts of gender, gender-based violence, sexuality, and rights.
· Impact of gender-based violence on education, health and development.
Who should attend?
This course is meant for for gender focal points, programme managers and professional responsible for developing and implementing interventions aimed at combating gender-based violence or promoting gender equality. They include researchers, policy-makers, activists, women advocates and feminists, students, staff of NGOs and CBOs, staff of UN specialized agencies, donor agency field workers, volunteers, development actors, trainers, students, government officials etc.
Module 1: Introduction
· importance of gender
· gender, development and Violence
· Gender and socialization
Module 2: Gender-based Violence
• concept of violence
• Types of Gender-based violence
• Relationship between gender, development and violence
Module 3: Gender Analysis
• Understanding gender analysis
• Key elements of gender analysis
• Gender analysis using the Life Cycle Framework of Analysis
Module 4: Gender Mainstreaming
• Gender Mainstreaming
• Concept of Gender Mainstreaming
• The Role of Men in Gender Mainstreaming
• Gender Mainstreaming in Specific Sectors
• Gender Mainstreaming and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
• Gender Mainstreaming Best practices
Module 5: Action Against Gender-based Violence
• Combating Gender-based Violence
• Advocacy, negotiation, and communication skills
• Existing national and institutional action to combat gender-based violence
Module 6: International Legal Human Rights Instruments Related to GBV
• The Universal Declaration of Human Rights
• The Bill of Rights
• Human & Peoples’ Rights
• Rights of the Child
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031
Foscore Development Center |Training Courses | Monitoring and Evaluation|Data Analysis|Market Research |M&E Consultancy |ICT Services |Mobile Data Collection | ODK Course | KoboToolBox | GIS and Environment |Agricultural Services |Business Analytics specializing in short courses in GIS, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Data Management, Data Analysis, Research, Social Development, Community Development, Finance Management, Finance Analysis, Humanitarian and Agriculture, Mobile data Collection, Mobile data Collection training, Mobile data Collection training Nairobi, Mobile data Collection training Kenya, ODK, ODK training, ODK training Nairobi, ODK training Kenya, Open Data Kit, Open Data Kit training, Open Data Kit Training, capacity building, consultancy and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and experienced consultants, in a wide array of disciplines
Other Upcoming Online Workshops