2023 - 2024 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
Welcome to the "Impact Evaluation for Evidence-Based Policy in Development" course, a comprehensive program designed to equip individuals and organizations with the knowledge and skills needed to make informed, data-driven decisions in the realm of development policy. In an era where resources are limited and the stakes are high, effective impact evaluation techniques are paramount for achieving sustainable development goals. This course serves as your gateway to mastering the art and science of assessing the real-world impact of development interventions. Whether you're a policymaker, researcher, development practitioner, or simply passionate about driving positive change, this course will empower you with the tools to make a meaningful impact.
The primary objective of this course is to foster a deep understanding of impact evaluation methodologies and their application in the context of development policy. Participants will gain proficiency in designing, conducting, and interpreting impact evaluations, enabling them to make well-informed decisions and optimize resource allocation for development projects. By the end of this course, you will:
· Master Impact Evaluation Techniques: Develop a comprehensive understanding of various impact evaluation methods, including randomized controlled trials (RCTs), quasi-experimental designs, and observational studies.
· Apply Evidence-Based Policy: Learn how to use rigorous impact evaluation results to shape evidence-based policy decisions that drive social and economic development.
· Enhance Organizational Capacity: Strengthen your organization's capacity to design, implement, and monitor development programs, ensuring they have a meaningful impact on target populations.
Benefits for Organizations:
· Participation in this course offers numerous benefits to organizations engaged in development work. By sending their staff to undertake this training, organizations can:
· Improve Decision-Making: Equip their teams with the skills to make data-driven decisions, leading to more effective development programs and better resource allocation.
· Enhance Project Impact: Increase the likelihood of achieving desired outcomes and maximizing the impact of development projects by employing rigorous impact evaluation techniques.
· Strengthen Partnerships: Build credibility and trust among stakeholders by demonstrating a commitment to evidence-based decision-making and transparent reporting.
This course is tailored to a diverse audience, including but not limited to:
· Government officials and policymakers responsible for designing and implementing development programs.
· Researchers and analysts seeking to enhance their expertise in impact evaluation.
· Non-governmental organization (NGO) professionals engaged in development initiatives.
· International development practitioners striving to enhance the effectiveness of their projects.
· Graduate students and academics interested in the intersection of policy and development.
Module 1: Introduction to Impact Evaluation
1.1. Understanding Development Policy and Its Challenges
1.2. The Role of Impact Evaluation in Development
Module 2: Foundations of Impact Evaluation
2.1. Causality and Counterfactuals
2.2. Key Concepts in Impact Evaluation
Module 3: Research Design
3.1. Experimental vs. Non-Experimental Designs
3.2. Randomized Controlled Trials (RCTs)
3.3. Quasi-Experimental Designs
Module 4: Data Collection and Measurement
4.1. Survey Design and Questionnaire Development
4.2. Data Sources and Collection Methods
4.3. Data Quality Assurance
Module 5: Sampling Techniques
5.1. Probability Sampling
5.2. Non-Probability Sampling
5.3. Sample Size Determination
Module 6: Ethical Considerations in Impact Evaluation
6.1. Ethics in Human Subjects Research
6.2. Informed Consent and Privacy
6.3. Ethical Challenges in the Field
Module 7: Data Management and Analysis
7.1. Data Entry and Cleaning
7.2. Descriptive Analysis
7.3. Inferential Statistical Analysis
Module 8: Quantitative Methods for Impact Evaluation
8.1. Regression Analysis
8.2. Difference-in-Differences (DID)
8.3. Propensity Score Matching
Module 9: Qualitative Methods for Impact Evaluation
9.1. Qualitative Data Collection Techniques
9.2. Content Analysis and Coding
9.3. Qualitative Data Interpretation
Module 10: Instrumental Variables and Regression Discontinuity Design
10.1. IV Estimation
10.2. Regression Discontinuity Design
10.3. Applications in Impact Evaluation
Module 11: Data Visualization and Interpretation
11.1. Graphical Presentation of Data
11.2. Interpreting Impact Evaluation Results
11.3. Communicating Findings
Module 12: Cost-Benefit Analysis
12.1. Introduction to Cost-Benefit Analysis (CBA)
12.2. Conducting a CBA
12.3. Decision Rules for CBA
Module 13: Evaluating Social and Behavioral Interventions
13.1. Challenges in Evaluating Social Programs
13.2. Behavioral Economics in Impact Evaluation
13.3. Measuring Social Impact
Module 14: Case Studies in Impact Evaluation
14.1. Real-World Impact Evaluation Examples
14.2. Lessons Learned from Case Studies
14.3. Best Practices
Module 15: Using Impact Evaluation in Policy Formulation
15.1. Policy Evaluation Frameworks
15.2. Policy Recommendations from Impact Evaluations
15.3. Influencing Policy Decisions
Module 16: Impact Evaluation in the Field: Challenges and Solutions
16.1. Fieldwork Challenges and Solutions
16.2. Managing Field Teams
16.3. Adapting to Local Contexts
Module 17: Building Partnerships for Impact Evaluation
17.1. Collaborating with Stakeholders
17.2. Funding and Resource Mobilization
17.3. Public-Private Partnerships
Module 18: Communicating Impact Findings Effectively
18.1. Data Visualization for Impact
18.2. Storytelling and Advocacy
18.3. Disseminating Results
Module 19: Monitoring and Evaluation Frameworks for Development Programs
19.1. M&E Fundamentals
19.2. Designing M&E Systems
19.3. Continuous Learning and Adaptation
Module 20: Impact Evaluation in Humanitarian Settings
20.1. Challenges in Humanitarian Impact Evaluation
20.2. Rapid Assessments and Data Collection
20.3. Lessons from Humanitarian Crises
Module 21: Advanced Topics in Impact Evaluation
21.1. Meta-Analysis and Systematic Reviews
21.2. Impact Evaluation in Health and Education
21.3. Behavioral Insights and Nudges
Module 22: Capstone Project: Designing and Implementing an Impact Evaluation
22.1. Project Proposal Development
22.2. Data Collection and Analysis
22.3. Final Report and Presentation
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031