The course aimed to address an important prerequisite for incorporating impact evaluation (IE) into programme design: a theoretical and practical understanding of IE approaches to enable selection of appropriate methodologies, coupled with careful appraisal of the resulting evidence. The course introduced participants to current quantitative as well as qualitative evaluation techniques for impact evaluation and gave them an insight into the critical understanding of the roles they can play in the design and assessment of public policy and development interventions. The group enthusiastically tackled the difficulties of learning STATA,NVIVO and the intricacies of evaluation research designs and econometric techniques, all bolstered by the support of the experienced teaching team.
Who Should Attend?
This course is targeted at researchers, project staff, managers, development practitioners, policy makers in government, NGOs and development organizations who want to determine the impact of their interventions.
No of Days
- Conduct a rigorous impact evaluation of a project
- Learn and practice econometric techniques for impact evaluation
- Carry out impact data analysis using Propensity Matching and Difference-in -Difference
- Understand IE designs: randomized, quasi and non-experimental
- Learn about evaluation problem: Attribution, selection and placement biases
- Learn about theories and practices of impact evaluation
- Conduct sampling and power calculation
- Report and disseminate impact evaluation findings
Overview of M&E Fundamentals for Impact Evaluation
- Results Framework
- M&E Project Indicators
- Logical Framework
- Performance Evaluation
Introduction to Impact Evaluation
- Defining impact evaluation
- Deciding whether to evaluate
- Attribution in impact evaluation
- Contribution vs attribution
Determining points of Impact Evaluation
- Types of evaluation questions
- Theories of Change
- The results chain
- Evaluation hypothesis
- Impact evaluation indicators
Counterfactuals in Impact Evaluation
- Causal reference
- Comparison groups and counterfactuals
- Estimating counterfactual in impact evaluation
- Impact Evaluation when a Comparison and Baseline Data are not available
Impact Evaluation Research Designs
- Experimental Design
- Randomized Control Trials
- Quasi experimental designs
- Regression Discontinuity
- Non-experimental designs
Sampling in Impact Evaluation
- Sampling techniques in Impact Evaluation
- Sample size calculation,
- Sampling weight
- Statistical power
- Constructing valid comparison groups
Quantitative Data Analysis for Impact Evaluation
Randomized Impact Evaluation
- Setting the counterfactual
- Statistical Design of Randomization
- Impacts of Program Placement
- Impacts of Program Participation
- Capturing Both Program Placement and Participation
- Measuring Spillover Effects
Propensity Score Matching Technique (PSM)
- Introduction to PSM
- Application of PSM in Impact Evaluation
- Constructing propensity scores
- Matching Analysis (Nearest-Neighbour, Stratification, Radius, Kernel )
- Common support
- Doubly Robust Estimation
Difference in Difference Method
- What is DID?
- Application of DID in Impact Evaluation
- Estimating DID estimator: Single DID, DID with covariates, Quantile DID
- DID for Cross-Sectional Data
- Balancing Tests
- Diff-in-Diff with Propensity Score Matching
Qualitative Approaches in Impact Evaluation
- Most Significant Change
- Outcome Mapping
- Outcome Harvesting
- Appreciative Inquiry
Producing and Disseminating Impact Evaluation findings
- Impact Evaluation Plan
- Impact Evaluation Reports: Baseline report, Impact Evaluation Reports
- Case studies
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at email@example.com or +254712260031
Foscore Development Center |Training Courses | Monitoring and Evaluation|Data Analysis|Market Research |M&E Consultancy |ICT Services |Mobile Data Collection | ODK Course | KoboToolBox | GIS and Environment |Agricultural Services |Business Analytics specializing in short courses in GIS, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Data Management, Data Analysis, Research, Social Development, Community Development, Finance Management, Finance Analysis, Humanitarian and Agriculture, Mobile data Collection, Mobile data Collection training, Mobile data Collection training Nairobi, Mobile data Collection training Kenya, ODK, ODK training, ODK training Nairobi, ODK training Kenya, Open Data Kit, Open Data Kit training, Open Data Kit Training, capacity building, consultancy and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and experienced consultants, in a wide array of disciplines
Other Upcoming Workshops Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Dubai