2023 - 2024 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
Share this Workshop
Introduction to IFRS 9 for Banks and Other Financial Institutions:
IFRS 9 is an international financial reporting standard developed by the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) that sets out the guidelines for financial instruments' recognition, measurement, presentation, and disclosure. This standard is particularly important for banks and other financial institutions as it provides guidance on how to account for and report their financial instruments.
The objective of the IFRS 9 course for Banks and Other Financial Institutions is to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of the standard and its implications for financial reporting. The course aims to equip attendees with the necessary knowledge and skills to apply IFRS 9 in practice and ensure compliance with the standard.
Organizations that send their staff to attend the IFRS 9 course can expect several benefits, including:
Who Should Attend:
The IFRS 9 course is designed for professionals working in banks and other financial institutions who are involved in financial reporting, risk management, accounting, auditing, or related fields. It is suitable for:
The IFRS 9 course has a duration of 10 days. The comprehensive nature of the course allows for an in-depth exploration of the standard, including practical exercises and case studies to reinforce understanding.
Module 1: Introduction to IFRS Framework
Module 2: Key Concepts and Scope of IFRS 9
Module 3: Classification and Measurement of Financial Assets
Module 4: Impairment of Financial Assets
Module 5: Hedge Accounting under IFRS 9
Module 6: Transitioning to IFRS 9
Module 7: Disclosures and Presentation Requirements
Module 8: Interactions with Other IFRS Standards
Module 9: Practical Examples and Case Studies - Part 1
Module 10: Practical Examples and Case Studies - Part 2
Module 11: Implementation Challenges and Best Practices
Module 12: Regulatory Framework and Reporting Requirements
Module 13: Emerging Issues and Future Developments
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031