2021 - 2022 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
This course is technically designed to suit professionals in the job market through imparting practical skills on how to use GIS to overcome the major challenges faced during phases of a disease outbreak, surveillance, and monitoring.
Participants will acquire hands-on skills in the use of Geographic Information System (GIS) as a tool to capture, store, analyze, manage, and visualize disease cases data that is geographically linked.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is targeted at professionals who require knowledge and skills on the use of GIS and RS in their organization in the field of risk management. Participants are welcome from a broad range of organizations including physical planning, institutions, professionals and private GIS and RS related firms.
Upon completion of the course, the participants will be able to develop a key understanding of the different components of a GIS and the role GIS plays in solving epidemiological and animal health related problems.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Section 1: Basic GIS concepts
Section 2: GIS data sources, data collection and integration techniques for Risk mapping
Section 3: Disease Vulnerability and Risk Assessment using GIS
Section 4: Application of Risk Information for Risk Reduction Planning
Spatial Mapping and Visualization in disease surveillance
Section 5: GIS for monitoring in Epidemiology and public health
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus free five hour adventure drive to the National game park, in Nairobi.
· Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
· For any enquiry at:firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031