2023 - 2024 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
This programme is designed for people who wish to gain an understanding of the principles and practices of controlling credit and managing debt in commercial organizations.
The aim of this course is to provide participants with practical sessions and tools to manage their accounts receivable and improve their cash and working capital.
What are the Credit Management Tools and Techniques? Credit Management is a wide-ranging general term, which covers the entire processes, systems, methods, and actions that you use in your business in order to manage the Credit you provide to your clients/customers.
Without effective and operational credit management tools and processes in place, the chances are your business will run out of cash, and ultimately fail.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for people in an administrative, business or finance role which includes responsibilities for managing and credit accounts, and ensuring that debt is managed promptly and efficiently.
· Use some of the best methods and techniques when communicating with debtors
· Appreciate the relevance and importance of credit policy in defining the objectives, function and responsibilities of the credit department to get maximum profitability
· Understand the need of credit assessment due to selective risk-taking in the interests of increasing overall profitability
· Establish a Collection Policy that ensures recovery of debts and also provides follow up procedures in monitoring and collection of debt
· collecting overdue customer invoices more effectively
· Debtors Ledger Questionnaire to assess office procedures and identify gaps in the system
· Strategy to reduce the current customer debt and making decisions on old outstanding invoices.
· contact customers in a systematic way using the overdue invoice strategy
· knowing when to make the first phone call or send the right letter out to the customer
· Use a phone script and have knowledge of all the questions to ask an overdue invoice customer
Module 1: Introduction to Credit Management
· What is Credit Management?
· Importance of Credit Management
· Credit Department’s Responsibility
· The 6 Cs of Credit
Module 2: Credit Risk Assessment
· Financial Factors Affecting Credit Decision (Financial Statements: What to Look for) Probability of Default, Exposure at Default, Loss given Default, Expected Loss
· Borrowing Need and Capacity Assessment
· Leverage and Coverage Ratios
· Liquidity, Profitability and Activity Ratios
· Cash Flow Analysis and Projections
· The Z Score
· Credit VaR
Module 3: Non-Financial Factors Affecting Credit Decision
· Business Environment and Industry Status
· Company Vulnerability
· Management Integrity, Skill & Execution
· Exercises and Cases
Module 4: Mitigating Risk Assessment
· Setting the Credit Limit
· Review New Accounts
· Re-Evaluate Existing Account
Module 5: Loan Structuring
· Credit Enhancements and LTV limits
· Loan Covenants
· Loan Pricing and Negotiating
· Problem Loans and Restructuring
· Credit Derivatives (Credit Default Swap, Total Return Swap, Credit Spreads etc.)
Module 6: Collection Performance and Efficiency
· Aging of Accounts Receivable and Bad Debt Reserves Analysis
· Accounts Receivable Turnover and Days Sales Outstanding
· Collection Effectiveness Index
· Analysing Operating and Cash Cycles
· Improving Working Capital Health
· Bad Debt Collection
· Overdue Ratio Calculation
· Discount & Prepayments
Module 7: What-If Analysis and Decision Strategies for Credit Efficiency
· Scenario Manager
· Goal Seek
· Data Table (Sensitivity Analysis)
· Solver Technique
· Cash flow problems
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031