2022 - 2023 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
The aim of this course is to provide both a solid theoretical understanding and a comprehensive practical introduction to the use of geographic information systems and remote sensing technologies for the analysis and solution of different water and environmental problems.
The course is designed for professionals (engineers and scientists) active in the water/environmental sector, especially those involved in planning and management of water systems as well as numerical modeling. Prerequisites are a basic knowledge of computing and water related topics.
The course focuses on the analysis of digital spatial data, preparation for numerical modeling, presentation of modeling results and support to the decision making process. Some of the topics covered in the course include the following:
· Introduction to geographic information systems and remote sensing technologies,
· Active and passive remote sensing,
· Data structures,
· Map projections and coordinate systems,
· Processing of digital geographic information,
· Creation of digital elevation models,
· Mapping of water and environmental features,
· Watersheds, streams and aquifers delineation,
· Map Digitization,
· Soil and land use mapping,
· Watershed Analysis
· Map algebra,
· Terrain analysis for hydrological and hydraulic modeling,
· Presentation of modeling results,
· Analysis to generate new information and knowledge,
· Dissemination of new information and knowledge,
· GIS as a decision support tool.
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031