2020 - 2021 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
The efficiency and accuracy of data are improved when remote sensing data products and GIS are used. Spatial tools such as the Global Positioning System (GPS), Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing (RS) for storing and analyzing spatial data can help us make better decisions in agriculture, land development, environmental protection and restoration. Specifically this decision making tools can be used in the context of agriculture in assessment of crop area extent, management of water resources, identification of pest attacks and diseases, yield assessment studies, land suitability assessment for agriculture disaster management and precision agriculture.
For optimum utilization of available agricultural land resources on a sustainable basis, timely and reliable information regarding their nature, extent and spatial distribution along with their potential and limitations is very important.
Participants will apply their new skills to one of several case studies in topics on agriculture, pest management, crop monitoring, water resource management and risk assessment among others. This course will offer a mixture of lectures, demonstrations and hands-on exercises using open source GIS and RS software.
Who should apply?
Agricultural experts, soil scientists, Animal Scientists, agronomist, entomologists, ranch managers, farm managers, environmentalist, farmers and students.
No of Days
Introduction, key principles and concepts
Digital Image Processing Techniques in Agriculture Resource Management
Agricultural Resource planning and monitoring
GIS and RS in Soil management
Case study:GIS and Remote Sensing in Drought Monitoring
Precision farming using GIS and RS for Crop management
GIS and RS Water management in agriculture
GIS AND RS Disease/pest management
Case study:Remote Sensing for grazing management
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus five hour adventure drive to the National game park.
· Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
· On registering online you will automatically receive invoice and invitation letter to enable you attend the training