Data collection have always been an integral part of development work. In the past, these tasks were performed with paper and pen, which made them prone to error, difficult to conduct on a large scale, and high in transaction costs.
ICT tools such as mobile devices and software that allows users to create surveys, collect, manage and upload data to storage facilities in real-time, have reduced the conventional challenges associated with remote data collection and M&E.
If you have always wanted to learn how to collect, manage and analyze project data using mobile devices, this training course is for you. This training course also comes with additional GIS modules to help participants put the skills acquired into perspective. The GIS module will help participants to work with spatial data.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is designed for different representatives: government, project teams, NGOs, multi and bilateral development organizations, consultancies, etc, that are typically employed as project managers and directors, M&E specialists, technical specialists, and researchers.
The course gives the participants the knowledge, tools and techniques to gather data for project/programme using innovative Mobile data gathering Technology.
At the end of the course, you will become familiar with using ICT tools and methods to conduct data collection, statistical analysis, and reporting.
This training is designed for participants who are reasonably proficient in English and have basic ICT knowledge.
- Mobile data collection
- Benefits of Mobile data collection
- Introduction to common mobile based data collection platforms
- Challenges of Mobile Based Data Collection
- Data aggregation, storage, and dissemination
- Overview of available mobile phone based data collection platforms.
- Types of questions and their data types.
- Questionnaire/Form logic
- Extended data types geoid, image, and multimedia
- Survey Authoring
- Design forms using a web interfaces using:
- Hands-on Exercise
- ODK Build
- Preparing mobile devices for data collection
- Installing application: ODK Collect
- Configuring the device (Mobile Phones)
- Uploading the form into the mobile devices
- Hands-on Exercise
- Advanced survey Authoring: XLSForms
- Introduction to XLSforms syntax
- New data types
- Notes and dates
- Multiple choice Questions
- Multiple Language Support
- Hints and Metadata
- Hands-on Exercise
- Conditional Survey Branching
- Required questions
- Constraining responses
- Skip: Asking Relevant Questions
- The specify other
- Grouping questions
- Skipping many questions at once (Skipping a section)
- Repeating a set of questions
- Special formatting
- Making dynamic calculations
- Hosting survey data: Cloud Hosting
- Google Apps Engine
- ODK Aggregate
- Hosting Survey Data: Local Server Hosting
- Configuring ODK Aggregate on a local server
- Downloading data
- Manual download (ODK Briefcase)
- Using the online server interface
- Hands-on Exercise
Section V (GIS)
- Introduction to GIS
- Working with Spatial data (GPS Coordinates)
- Spatial Mapping
- Introduction to Fusion Table
- Exporting GPS Coordinates (Google maps) to Fusion tables
- Exporting data to Fusion tables using QGIS
- Converting data to shape files
- Hand-on Exercise
- Choice of Platform
- Discussion on the Choice of Platform
- Integrating Mobile Data Collection tools into projects
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031
Foscore Development Center |Training Courses | Monitoring and Evaluation|Data Analysis|Market Research |M&E Consultancy |ICT Services |Mobile Data Collection | ODK Course | KoboToolBox | GIS and Environment |Agricultural Services |Business Analytics specializing in short courses in GIS, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Data Management, Data Analysis, Research, Social Development, Community Development, Finance Management, Finance Analysis, Humanitarian and Agriculture, Mobile data Collection, Mobile data Collection training, Mobile data Collection training Nairobi, Mobile data Collection training Kenya, ODK, ODK training, ODK training Nairobi, ODK training Kenya, Open Data Kit, Open Data Kit training, Open Data Kit Training, capacity building, consultancy and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and experienced consultants, in a wide array of disciplines
Other Upcoming Workshops Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Dubai