2023 - 2024 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
Remote sensing and Geographic Information System (GIS) technologies have revolutionized our ability to study and understand the impacts of climate change on food security and agriculture. These tools allow us to gather, analyze, and visualize geospatial data, providing valuable insights into environmental patterns, agricultural productivity, and the effects of climate change on food systems.
The Remote Sensing and GIS in Climate Change, Food Security, and Agriculture Course is designed to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of how remote sensing and GIS technologies can be applied to address the challenges of climate change and food security. It aims to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to utilize these tools effectively in research, planning, and decision-making processes.
The course will begin with an overview of climate change and its impacts on agriculture and food security. Participants will gain an understanding of the key concepts, drivers, and challenges associated with climate change and its effects on crop production, land use, and natural resources.
Next, participants will be introduced to remote sensing technology, which involves the collection of data from satellites, airborne platforms, and ground-based sensors. They will learn about the different types of remote sensing data, including optical, thermal, and radar imagery, and explore various remote sensing techniques and tools for data acquisition and analysis.
Furthermore, the course will delve into GIS and its application in agriculture and food security. Participants will learn how to integrate remote sensing data with GIS to create accurate and detailed maps, analyze spatial patterns, and identify areas of vulnerability or potential for agricultural development. They will also explore how GIS can be used for land suitability analysis, precision agriculture, and decision support systems in food production and management.
The course will also cover specific applications of remote sensing and GIS in climate change and food security. Participants will explore topics such as crop monitoring, drought assessment, land cover change analysis, and mapping of climate risk and vulnerability. They will learn how to interpret remote sensing data to assess crop health, monitor changes in land use, and detect environmental indicators of food security.
Throughout the course, participants will engage in hands-on exercises, case studies, and group discussions to apply the concepts and techniques learned. They will have the opportunity to work with real-world remote sensing and GIS datasets and develop practical skills in data processing, image interpretation, and spatial analysis.
By the end of the course, participants will have a comprehensive understanding of the applications of remote sensing and GIS in climate change, food security, and agriculture. They will be equipped with the skills necessary to use these tools to monitor environmental changes, assess agricultural productivity, and develop strategies to enhance food security in the face of climate change. The knowledge gained in this course will be valuable for researchers, policymakers, and professionals working in the fields of agriculture, environmental management, and sustainable development.
The primary objective of this course is to enhance participants' understanding of remote sensing and GIS applications in the context of climate change, food security, and agriculture. By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
By participating in this course, organizations can expect the following benefits:
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for professionals and practitioners working in the fields of climate change, agriculture, food security, and natural resource management, including:
The course will be conducted over a period of 10 days, allowing participants to gain in-depth knowledge, engage in practical exercises, and apply learned concepts through case studies and hands-on activities.
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at email@example.com or +254712260031