Develop the capacity of professionals to design, manage, evaluate and undertake improvements in people-centered early warning systems for hydro-meteorological & geological hazards and extreme events associated with climate change and variability. It builds upon experience in building capacities on use of GIS, Remote Sensing and space based technologies in disaster risk management for disaster management institutions, disaster management practitioners and communities. It aims to institutionalize weather and climate information applications for disaster mitigation.
No of Days
- Effectively integrate scientific and technical inputs into early warning dissemination and communication system
- Apply emerging generation climate prediction technologies for anticipating and managing disaster risks associated with climate change & variability
- Develop strategies to institutionalize early warning systems into the process cycle of disaster risk management and development planning, emergency response, and preparedness activities
- Develop risk communication & communication technologies
- Interpret scientific information products into user friendly formats and prepare & communicate tailor made early warning information products
- Design and implement community based early warning systems that are people centered
- Evaluate and introduce public education and training program for the community based early warning systems
- Undertake risk assessment and design of multi-hazard early warning systems for disaster risk reduction
- Apply GIS and Remote Sensing for designing implementations of large scale early warning systems and Participatory GIS skills for community Early Warning Systems
- Apply Mobile Data Gathering technologies for rapid assessment and surveys
Multi Hazard Early Warning Systems Concept
- Concepts and main frameworks in Multi Hazard Early Warning Systems
- Weather, Climate and Atmospheric Processes
- Observed Climate Change and Impacts
- Climate Predictions and Major Sources of Uncertainty
Basic concepts of Remote Sensing and GIS
- Basic concepts of GIS and Remote Sensing in the context of Early Warning Systems
- Handling spatial information I: (Using Quantum GIS)
- Spatial Reference Systems & data integration
- Handling spatial information II: GPS-based field data collection
Introduction to Risk Identification and assessment
- Introduction to Risk Identification and assessment using Spatial Technologies
- Mobile data gathering for field assessments/surveys using Open Data Kit
- Handling spatial information III: Visualization of risk information
- Hazard detection, monitoring, forecasting and warning
- Handling spatial information IV: Satellite image processing techniques for change detection (Using ILWIS)
- Early warning dissemination and communication
- Communication protocols
Public Participatory GIS
- Public Participatory GIS
- Google Earth, Maps
- Social Networking Integration
- Community-based early warning systems
- Building hazard-aware and ready communities
- Monitoring and evaluation of early warning system
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031
Foscore Development Center |Training Courses | Monitoring and Evaluation|Data Analysis|Market Research |M&E Consultancy |ICT Services |Mobile Data Collection | ODK Course | KoboToolBox | GIS and Environment |Agricultural Services |Business Analytics specializing in short courses in GIS, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Data Management, Data Analysis, Research, Social Development, Community Development, Finance Management, Finance Analysis, Humanitarian and Agriculture, Mobile data Collection, Mobile data Collection training, Mobile data Collection training Nairobi, Mobile data Collection training Kenya, ODK, ODK training, ODK training Nairobi, ODK training Kenya, Open Data Kit, Open Data Kit training, Open Data Kit Training, capacity building, consultancy and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and experienced consultants, in a wide array of disciplines
Other Upcoming Workshops Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Dubai