This course will provides you with the essential knowledge and skills to effectively appraise and analyse projects. It provides you with the latest tools and techniques to manage project risks and uncertainties to ensure profit margins and sustainability in uncertain times. It will in more advanced level cover econometric impact evaluation theory and empirical methods for measuring the impact of development programs (including randomization, difference-in-differences, regression discontinuity, and propensity score matching). It will combine theory and practice. The primary objectives of the course is to provide participants with the skills to understand the value and practice of impact evaluation within development economics, design and implement impact evaluations and act as critical consumers of impact evaluations.
· Undertake, Technical, Economic, Financial & Risk Analysis to select Projects to meet National and Organisational Objectives
· Undertake Financial Analysis using Payback, NPV & IRR
· Identifying & Measuring Risk & Uncertainties
· Evaluate and Manage Risks using the latest tools & techniques
· Manage Uncertainties using Decisions Trees, Programming Techniques – Gannt Charts, Network & Critical Path Analysis, Manpower Planning, Contingency Planning & Earned
· Identifying if project is working or not, impact evaluation will assist accountability function. This course is aligned with results based management and monitoring.
Who should attend?
This course targets Project Management Officials from NGO’s, National Statistics Offices, Education Researchers, Government ministries, National Institutes and Planning Ministries, Central banks, and University Researchers among others.
The Course Content
Module One: Project Appraisal & Analysis
· The Investment Criteria & The Investment Planning Process
· Identifying Technical, Logistical & Environmental Risks
· Economic Risk Analysis
· Market Risk Analysis
· Selecting Projects to meet Organisational Objectives
Module Two: Financial Analysis
· Estimating Income, Cashflows & Durations
· Identifying Risks from the Projected Cashflow
· Calculating the Cost of Finance – WACC, CAPM & Arbitrage Pricing
· Capital Investment Appraisal Techniques - Payback; ARR, NPV, IRR etc.
· Financial Appraisal using Spreadsheet Skills
Module Three: Project Risk & Uncertainties
· Measuring Risk & Uncertainties
· Project Constraints
· Balancing Scope, Time, Quality & Cost
· Evaluating the Risks & Uncertainties – Their Likelihood & Impact
· Risk Response Planning & Reporting
Module Four: Risk Management
· The Risk Management Process at various levels of an organization and throughout the Project Life Cycle
· The Project Manager’s Roles and Responsibilities
· Qualitative & Quantitative Risk Analysis
· Financial Risk Management & Derivatives
· Sensitivity Analysis & Monte Carlo Simulation Analysis
Module Five: Managing Uncertainties
· Decisions Trees to Manage Uncertainties and make Strategic Decisions
· Programming Techniques – Gannt Charts, Network & Critical Path Analysis
· Manpower Planning and Resource Smoothing & Levelling
· Project Contingency Planning
· Earned Value Analysis – Controlling Cost & Schedule Variances
Module six:Cost benefit analysis
· The effect on decision-making of more intangible benefits
· Cost benefit analysis
· Ensuring costs are genuine
· Measuring intangible benefits
· Environmental issues
· Consideration of intangible benefits in the appraisal decision-making process
Module seven:Developing appropriate models
· Developing models – examples of spreadsheet models and measures for many different situations
· Modelling investment opportunities – summarising outcomes
· Sensitivity analysis – identifying, quantifying and taking out risk
Module eight:Developing an appraisal process
· The process – managing risk from the outset
· Using the process in risk management, negotiating and project management
· Take out risk by thoroughly knowing your project – developing your own process
Module Nine: Introduction to impact evaluation
· Purpose of impact evaluation
· When to undertake impact evaluation
Module Ten: Evaluation Design
· Establishing the program theory
· Selecting the evaluation approach
· Designing the baseline survey
· Options when there is no baseline
· Impact evaluation using secondary data
· The role of qualitative information
· Generalizations from specific impact evaluations
Module Eleven: Managing and Implimenting Impact Evaluation
· Terms of reference
· Data sources
· Time and cost
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at email@example.com or +254712260031
Foscore Development Center |Training Courses | Monitoring and Evaluation|Data Analysis|Market Research |M&E Consultancy |ICT Services |Mobile Data Collection | ODK Course | KoboToolBox | GIS and Environment |Agricultural Services |Business Analytics specializing in short courses in GIS, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Data Management, Data Analysis, Research, Social Development, Community Development, Finance Management, Finance Analysis, Humanitarian and Agriculture, Mobile data Collection, Mobile data Collection training, Mobile data Collection training Nairobi, Mobile data Collection training Kenya, ODK, ODK training, ODK training Nairobi, ODK training Kenya, Open Data Kit, Open Data Kit training, Open Data Kit Training, capacity building, consultancy and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and experienced consultants, in a wide array of disciplines
Other Upcoming Workshops Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Dubai