2023 - 2024 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
Share this Workshop
Corporate governance, business ethics, and corporate social responsibility (CSR) are integral aspects of responsible and sustainable business practices. The Corporate Governance, Business Ethics, and Corporate Social Responsibility Course aims to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of these concepts and their significance in contemporary business environments. The course explores the principles, frameworks, and best practices for effective corporate governance, ethical decision-making, and responsible business conduct.
The course begins by introducing the concept of corporate governance. Participants will explore the roles and responsibilities of various stakeholders, including shareholders, board members, executives, and regulators. They will learn about corporate governance frameworks, codes of conduct, and the importance of transparency, accountability, and ethical leadership in corporate governance practices.
Next, the course delves into business ethics. Participants will examine ethical theories, values, and principles that guide responsible decision-making in business contexts. They will explore ethical dilemmas and the importance of ethical behavior in maintaining trust, reputation, and long-term sustainability. Participants will also gain insights into promoting an ethical culture within organizations and fostering ethical awareness among employees.
Furthermore, the course covers corporate social responsibility (CSR). Participants will learn about the evolving role of businesses in addressing social and environmental challenges. They will explore CSR frameworks, stakeholder engagement, and the integration of social and environmental considerations into business strategies. Participants will also examine the business case for CSR, including its impact on brand reputation, risk management, and stakeholder relationships.
Throughout the course, participants will engage in case studies, group discussions, and interactive exercises to apply the concepts and frameworks learned. They will analyze real-world ethical dilemmas, develop strategies for responsible decision-making, and explore best practices in corporate governance and CSR.
By the end of the course, participants will have a comprehensive understanding of corporate governance, business ethics, and corporate social responsibility. They will be equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to navigate complex ethical challenges, promote responsible business conduct, and contribute to sustainable and socially responsible organizations. Whether in management positions, governance roles, or sustainability-focused careers, participants will be well-prepared to make ethical decisions and lead with integrity in today's business landscape.
Who should attend?
Professionals in private companies, international organizations, NGOs, and governments who would like to learn and apply the concept of governance will find this program helpful.
• Explain and evaluate corporate governance plays in maintaining the stability of markets and retaining public confidence in public intuitions
• Describe and analyses the primary parts of corporate governance frameworks
• explain and evaluate the role of audit in corporate governance
• compare and contrast approaches to corporate governance internationally
• implications of the nature and scope of social and environmental accountability for corporate governance practice
• Explain and evaluate the roles and responsibilities of executive directors, non-executive directors, auditors and company secretaries in ensuring effective corporate governance
• Explain the external reporting requirements relating to corporate governance
• Essential role of ethical values in business relations and the importance of the ethical treatment of others for individual and organizational success
• concepts and principles of ethical reasoning which have been developed in ethical theory, and to be able to apply these concepts and principles to specific ethical issues
• legal and regulatory structure of business as it bears on ethical issues in business and the ethical basis of that structure
• assess the ethical basis of corporate organization and governance, including the ethical arguments for and against the concepts of corporate social responsibility and stakeholder
Module 1: Introduction to Corporate Governance
• Understanding the concept and importance of corporate governance
• Roles and responsibilities of shareholders, board members, and executives
• Corporate governance frameworks and best practices
• Transparency, accountability, and ethical leadership in corporate governance
Module 2: Business Ethics and Ethical Decision-Making
• Ethical theories, values, and principles in business contexts
• Ethical decision-making frameworks and models
• Managing ethical dilemmas and conflicts of interest
• Fostering an ethical culture within organizations
Module 3: Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
• Introduction to CSR and its evolution in business practices
• CSR frameworks and standards
• Stakeholder engagement and management
• Integrating social and environmental considerations into business strategies
Module 4: Board Governance and Director Responsibilities
• Role and composition of the board of directors
• Board governance structures and practices
• Director responsibilities and fiduciary duties
• Board performance evaluation and accountability
Module 5: Ethical Leadership and Organizational Culture
• Characteristics of ethical leaders
• Ethical leadership practices and behaviors
• Building an ethical organizational culture
• Ethical awareness and training for employees
Module 6: Corporate Fraud and Corruption Prevention
• Understanding corporate fraud and corruption
• Fraud detection and prevention measures
• Whistleblowing and reporting mechanisms
• Anti-corruption laws and regulations
Module 7: Sustainable Supply Chain Management
• Overview of sustainable supply chain management
• Environmental and social considerations in supply chain practices
• Supplier engagement and responsible sourcing
• Monitoring and evaluating supply chain sustainability
Module 8: Social and Environmental Reporting and Disclosure
• Importance of social and environmental reporting
• Reporting frameworks and standards (e.g., GRI, SASB)
• Key performance indicators and metrics for sustainability reporting
• Communicating CSR initiatives to stakeholders
Module 9: Philanthropy, Community Engagement, and Impact Investing
• Role of philanthropy in corporate social responsibility
• Community engagement and stakeholder partnerships
• Introduction to impact investing and responsible investment practices
• Measuring and evaluating social and environmental impacts
Module 10: Examining Emerging Trends and Future Challenges
• Emerging trends in corporate governance, business ethics, and CSR
• Future challenges and opportunities in responsible business practices
• Incorporating sustainability and social responsibility into long-term business strategies
• Leading change towards more responsible and sustainable organizations
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at email@example.com or +254712260031