This training guide has been designed for use in introductory rural and microfinance training courses. While the fundamentals of development finance and approaches in microfinance apply to rural finance, there are particular issues and characteristics that must be understood and taken into account in order to address rural, and in particular agricultural, finance. Some knowledge of market development services would also be helpful.
· Explain and critically review current debates in rural development regarding rural livelihoods and the respective roles of markets, the state, institutions, property rights, agriculture, and the rural non-farm economy.
· Critically evaluate past and existing attempts to supply rural services, such as infrastructure, finance, research and extension, health and education.
· Analyze critically alternative rural development policies in terms of their potential impact on rural poverty, equity, and economic growth, taking account of different regional and geographical circumstances.
· Outline and evaluate different approaches to the management of land and water resources and their potential impact on rural development goals.
· Understand the special challenges of rural areas that are traditionally associated with rural and agricultural credit directed to the poor.
· Build a deeper understanding of the fundamental issues of rural finance.
· Have skills in conducting a rural and agricultural portfolio assessment and loan analysis – applying 5 C’s in rural finance.
· Be familiar with several innovative models and alternate ways of offering rural finance services.
· Gain skills in conducting seasonality analysis, preparing cash flows, assessing risk, and appraising loans.
· Develop an understanding of new and innovative loan products and savings approaches for agriculture and rural areas.
· Gain awareness of sources and reference links to further information and support for addressing future challenges in the application of financial services in rural areas.
Who should attend?
It is aimed primarily at people who work in rural financial institutions, government and non-government development agencies, MFIs, banks, and donors who advise and work with rural populations and communities
· Rural development
· Rural livelihoods
· The agricultural sector
· The rural non-farm economy
· Rural infrastructure
· Rural finance
· Agricultural research and extension
· Health and education
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031
Foscore Development Center |Training Courses | Monitoring and Evaluation|Data Analysis|Market Research |M&E Consultancy |ICT Services |Mobile Data Collection | ODK Course | KoboToolBox | GIS and Environment |Agricultural Services |Business Analytics specializing in short courses in GIS, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Data Management, Data Analysis, Research, Social Development, Community Development, Finance Management, Finance Analysis, Humanitarian and Agriculture, Mobile data Collection, Mobile data Collection training, Mobile data Collection training Nairobi, Mobile data Collection training Kenya, ODK, ODK training, ODK training Nairobi, ODK training Kenya, Open Data Kit, Open Data Kit training, Open Data Kit Training, capacity building, consultancy and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and experienced consultants, in a wide array of disciplines
Other Upcoming Online Workshops