The training is aimed at helping participants and their respective organizations to design and implement Early Warning Systems. The course will help participants develop an early warning systems and risk management plans tailored to the needs of their respective organizations
· Understand operational mechanisms and procedures for the prediction, forecasting, monitoring and response to warning
· Develop tools for early warning audits, identify current gaps in existing early warning systems
· Undertake risk assessment and design of multi-hazard end-to-end early warning systems for disaster risk reduction
· Develop strategies to institutionalize early warning systems into the process cycle of disaster risk reduction and development planning, emergency response, and preparedness activities
· Design and implement community based early warning systems that are people centered
· Evaluate and introduce public education and training programme for the community based early warning systems
· Apply emerging new generation climate prediction technologies for anticipating and managing disaster risks associated with climate change & variability
Who should attend?
The training is intended for management teams working in government agencies, NGOs, and Community Members working in governments, funding agencies, and research and non-government organizations for Emergency response and other Development programmes.
· Establishment of early warning systems
· Risk information in emergency planning and warnings
· Hazard Monitoring, forecasting, and mandates for warning development
· Development of understandable, authoritative, recognizable and timely warnings
· Warning dissemination mechanisms
· Emergency preparedness and response activities
· Disaster risk management user community
· Operational framework of early warning systems
· improvements in emergency preparedness and prevention
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at email@example.com or +254712260031
Foscore Development Center |Training Courses | Monitoring and Evaluation|Data Analysis|Market Research |M&E Consultancy |ICT Services |Mobile Data Collection | ODK Course | KoboToolBox | GIS and Environment |Agricultural Services |Business Analytics specializing in short courses in GIS, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Data Management, Data Analysis, Research, Social Development, Community Development, Finance Management, Finance Analysis, Humanitarian and Agriculture, Mobile data Collection, Mobile data Collection training, Mobile data Collection training Nairobi, Mobile data Collection training Kenya, ODK, ODK training, ODK training Nairobi, ODK training Kenya, Open Data Kit, Open Data Kit training, Open Data Kit Training, capacity building, consultancy and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and experienced consultants, in a wide array of disciplines
Other Upcoming Online Workshops