2023 - 2024 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
Share this Workshop
In the context of development projects, it is crucial to consider the environmental and social impacts of activities to ensure sustainable and inclusive outcomes. The Management of Environment and Social Safeguards in Projects Course aims to equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively manage environmental and social risks and promote sustainable development in project implementation.
The course begins by providing an overview of environmental and social safeguards. Participants will gain an understanding of the key principles and frameworks related to environmental and social impact assessment, including international standards such as the Environmental and Social Framework of the World Bank and the Equator Principles. They will explore the importance of identifying, assessing, and managing potential risks and impacts throughout the project lifecycle.
Next, the course delves into the process of environmental and social impact assessment. Participants will learn how to conduct comprehensive assessments, including identifying potential risks and impacts, analyzing mitigation measures, and considering stakeholder perspectives. They will explore methods for collecting and analyzing environmental and social data, as well as tools for assessing cumulative effects and conducting public consultations.
Furthermore, the course covers strategies for integrating environmental and social considerations into project planning and design. Participants will learn how to incorporate best practices for environmental and social management into project design, including the use of environmental and social management plans and the implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems. They will explore approaches for mainstreaming sustainability and social inclusion into project activities and identify strategies for building capacity and engaging with stakeholders.
The course also addresses the role of governance and institutional frameworks in managing environment and social safeguards. Participants will gain insights into the importance of stakeholder engagement, transparency, and accountability in ensuring the effective implementation of safeguards. They will explore the roles and responsibilities of different actors, including project developers, governments, civil society, and communities, in promoting sustainable and socially inclusive project outcomes.
Throughout the course, participants will engage in discussions, case studies, and group activities to apply the concepts and techniques learned. They will have the opportunity to analyze real-world project scenarios, assess environmental and social risks, and develop strategies for managing safeguards effectively.
By the end of the course, participants will have a comprehensive understanding of the management of environment and social safeguards in projects. They will be equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary to identify, assess, and manage environmental and social risks and impacts in project implementation. Whether working in project management, environmental assessment, or development planning, participants will have the tools and insights to promote sustainable and socially inclusive outcomes in their professional roles.
The main objective of the Management of Environment and Social Safeguards in Projects course is to equip participants with the necessary tools and knowledge to integrate environmental and social considerations into project management. By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
Organizations that send their employees or members to participate in the Management of Environment and Social Safeguards in Projects course can expect several benefits, including:
Who Should Attend:
The Management of Environment and Social Safeguards in Projects course is suitable for a wide range of individuals and professionals involved in project management and development, including:
The Management of Environment and Social Safeguards in Projects course covers a comprehensive range of topics to provide participants with a strong understanding of integrating environmental and social safeguards into project management.
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at email@example.com or +254712260031