What do you need to become a procurement specialist?
Public sector procurement is the process through which government agencies purchase goods, services, and development and building projects from local and foreign vendors. This is all done while adhering to the general principles of justice and equitability. It also includes transparency, competitiveness, and cost-effectiveness.
A public sector procurement specialist, on the other hand, oversees the general procurement process of the public sector. Being a public procurement specialist requires some background knowledge in Law and Business administration or its equivalent. Most public sector procurement specialists’ ultimate goal is to discover high-quality items or services at an affordable price. This price should meet the government’s requirements. The government’s spending efficiency and overall financial performance are affected by the extent to which this can be done successfully and reasonably.
This course seeks to empower professionals in the public procurement sector to:
· Understand procurement principles and objectives, standards of conduct, and ethical procurement methods in the public sector
· Thoroughly understand the procurement and contract management cycle
· Review available procurement methods, tools and strategies
· Be aware of the various risks surrounding the general procurement process in the public sector
· Adopt best practices in procurement of goods and services in the public sector
· Describe the key steps involved in the management of a procurement process
· Understand the impact of risks in the procurement process and how to mitigate their effects
· Understand instances necessary to make a build or buy decision during the procurement process
· Oversee necessary negotiations involved in the procurement process in the public sector.
Who Should Attend?
· Officers in the Central, Federal, and State-Owned Governments who deal with procurement
· Employees in the public sector who work with procurement
· Non-procurement experts managing procurement activities
· Procurement specialists looking to update their domain knowledge
· Managers who assist procurement specialists in Operations
· Anyone interested in learning more about public procurement
The course covers the following topics regarding being a public sector procurement specialist:
Module 1: Introduction to the Basics of Procurement
· Fundamentals of Procurement
· Build or Buy Analysis
· Build or Buy Decisions
· Purchasing and Types of Items.
· Classification of Items
· Operations Management Strategies
· Issues in Operations Management strategy
Module 2: Introduction to Public Procurement
· Overview of Public Procurement
· Introduction to the Procurement Lifecycle
· Principles Behind Public Sector Procurement
· Available Procurement Procedures and When To Use Them
· Advertising Opportunities To Prospective Suppliers
· Impact of Risk In Public Procurement
· Mitigating The Risks Involved In Public Procurement
Module 3: Procurement Management
· Work Breakdown and Resource Calendar
· Procurement Activities and Management
· Earned Value Management
· Contract Terms and Document
· Supplier Evaluation
· Basics of Dispute Resolution
· Risk Management
Module 4: Strategic Sourcing
· Concept of Strategic Sourcing.
· Strategic Sourcing Opportunities.
· Advantages Of Strategic Sourcing
· Challenges Faced With Strategic Sourcing
· Establishing Internal Systems to Aid Strategic Sourcing
· Various Phases of The Strategic Sourcing Process.
· Mitigating Risk When Sourcing
Module 5: Public Procurement Operations
· Planning For Procurement
· Bid Documents And Bid Opening
· Evaluation of Bids
· Different Bidding Strategies
· Management of Public Procurement Operations
· Management Concept and Techniques
Module 6: Public Procurement and Good Governance
· Governance Issues in Public Procurement
· Regulations Guiding Procurement in the Public Sector
· How to Avoid Liabilities During Procurement in the Public Sector
· Prevention of Corruption.
Module 7: Public Procurement Planning Tools and Techniques
· Forecasting for Purchasing And Procurement Purposes
· Negotiation Strategies
· Counting Safety Stock for Purchasing Materials And Components
· Segmenting Suppliers For Cost Maximisation
· Different Types of Contracts
Module 8: Negotiations for Public Procurement
· Introduction to Negotiation
· Overview of Negotiation Process
· Concept Of Interests And Positions
· Negotiation Strategies
· Positive Reasoning
· Three Negotiation Approaches
· Price Negotiations In Public Procurement
Module 9: Risk Management
· Nature of Risks In Public Procurement
· Types of Procurement Risks
· Risk Assessment for Public Procurement
· Risks Involved in Outsourcing
· Case Study
Module 10: Procurement Strategy Development
· Principles of Procurement Strategy Development
· Procurement Profiling and Spending Analysis
· Supply Positioning and Supply Risk Analysis
· Developing Public Procurement Objectives
· Procurement Scheduling and Planning
· Analysis of the Market for Demand and Supply
· Developing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Procurement and Contract Committee members
· Understand the fiduciary roles of procurement and contract committee members.
· Handling of procurement oversight and approval obligations
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at email@example.com or +254712260031
Foscore Development Center |Training Courses | Monitoring and Evaluation|Data Analysis|Market Research |M&E Consultancy |ICT Services |Mobile Data Collection | ODK Course | KoboToolBox | GIS and Environment |Agricultural Services |Business Analytics specializing in short courses in GIS, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Data Management, Data Analysis, Research, Social Development, Community Development, Finance Management, Finance Analysis, Humanitarian and Agriculture, Mobile data Collection, Mobile data Collection training, Mobile data Collection training Nairobi, Mobile data Collection training Kenya, ODK, ODK training, ODK training Nairobi, ODK training Kenya, Open Data Kit, Open Data Kit training, Open Data Kit Training, capacity building, consultancy and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and experienced consultants, in a wide array of disciplines
Other Upcoming Online Workshops