2020 - 2021 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
Who Should Attend
GIS users and experts, Geographers, IT experts, web developers, cartographers, Geoscientists, surveyors, planners, software engineers, database administrators, system administrators and M & E experts.
• install Geoserver,
• Load GIS data into Geoserver
• Serve vector, raster, and attribute data on the Internet with Geoserver
• Serve data stored in Postgres and PostGIS on the Internet
• Create a client based browser application using OpenLayers 5.0
• Create an application that allows client and server interaction with GIS data.
Section 1: Handling Spatial Data
• Components of GIS
• Types of GIS
• GIS Capabilities
• Spatial Data types
• Cordinate systems
• Spatial Data Infrusrtuctutre (SDI)
Section 2: Working with PostgreSQL with Postgis
• Installing PostgreSQL with PostGIS Functionality
• Creating a spatial database
• Loading data into a Postgis spatial database
• Displaying Postgres Data as SQL View
• Displaying Postgres Data with SQL filters
Section 3: Working with Geoserver
• Installing Apache Tomcat with XAMP
• Deploying Geoserver on Apache Tomcat
• Adding, Styling and Displaying Data from Postgres
• Adding, Styling and Displaying shapefiles
• Grouping layers
Section 4: Creating SLD styles with QGIS
• Load your Data from Postgres into QGIS
• Apply the Desired Styles
• Save your styles as style templates(.sld)
• Import the .sld style templates into Geoserver
• Apply the styles to your layers in Geoserver
Section 5: Bringing Data into Geoserver and Displaying the Results
• Adding, Styling, and Displaying Shapefiles
• Adding, Styling, and Displaying Data from Postgres
Section 6: Processing Client Requests on the Server
• Displaying Postgres Data as a SQL View
• Displaying Postgres Data with CQL Filters
• Serving Data from Geoserver to QGIS
Section 7: Document Object Model and Events
• Intro to the DOM
• What is an object
• Abstraction and Instantiation
• Objects in computer programs
• Going from HTML to the DOM
• Intro to Events
• Viewing objects in Developer tools
• Event Handlers
• DOM manipulation
• Objects and JSON
Section 9: Interacting with Geoserver from the Client with Openlayers 5
• Open Street Maps
• Adding Static Layers from Geoserver
• Using Openlayers to Request Specific Data from Geoserver
• Increasing Flexibility by Using Openlayers to Request Ad-hoc data from Geoserver
• Mouse Interaction in Openlayers to Trigger Geoserver Responses
• Adding Vector Data from Geoserver to Your Open Layers Application
• Mouse Interaction in Openlayers with Vector Objects
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participant’s needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore Development Center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at Foscore Development Center (FDC-K) in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participants within east Africa and more than twenty participants all over the world.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus five-hour adventure drive to the National game park.
· Payment should be done two weeks before commence of the training, to Foscore Development Center account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.