2024 - 2025 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
Share this Workshop
Introduction to Joomla 3.x with allow you to build, manage and develop fully functional and professional looking sites using Joomla 3.x and its CMS (Content Management System). This course will take you from installation to site configuration to content development and finally SEO tips and tricks to get your site ready for industry leading search engines such as Google and Bing.
This course is designed for beginner to intermediate administrator and editors of Joomla 3.x sites. Basic understanding on how websites work is a prerequisite for this course, but programming skills are not needed in this course.
After coming on the Joomla course you will be able to:
· Set up Web Hosting and Download and Install Joomla
· Configure Standard or Custom Joomla Templates
· Build, Administer and Update a Website or Blog using Joomla
· Add and configure Joomla Components and Plugins
· Manage Users and Joomla Site Administration
This course is suited for any individual who wishes to:
· Create a website
· Run an existing website
· Start a career in developing or managing websites
· Learn more about website building
· Improve skills and job prospects
· Individuals who want to create and manage their own website using the Joomla CMS to harness the power of this versatile and comprehensive platform.
5 Days Course Content
Introduction to Joomla 3.x
· What is Joomla 3.x and CMS
· Understanding Joomla.org
· Joomla 3.x Requirements and Suggested Environment Configuration
· Getting Ready to Install Joomla 3.x in a Hosting Environment
Installing Joomla 3.x
· Setting Up the Joomla 3.x Source Files
· Setting Up the mysql Database Environment
· Running the Installation
Joomla 3.x Backend Control Panels
· Logging into the Backend Control Panel
· Navigating the Backend Control Panel
· Understanding the Backend Tools and Controls
· Configuring the Backend Settings of the Site
Building Site Basics
· Creating and Publishing Articles in Joomla 3.x
· Creating Menus and Categories in Joomla 3.x
· Working with Images in Joomla 3.x
· Creating Content in Joomla 3.x
Adding Usability through Extensions
· Understanding Joomla 3.x Extensions
· Finding and Installing Joomla 3.x Extensions
· Components vs Extensions in Joomla 3.x
· Working with Forms in Joomla 3.x
· Grouping Content in Joomla 3.x
· Understanding and Creating Site Maps in Joomla 3.x
· Working with Categories, Tags and Links
· Moving and Renaming Content in Joomla 3.x
Setting General Preferences for Articles
· Understanding the Articles Tab
· Understanding the Editing Layout Tab
· Understanding the Category Tab
· Understanding the Categories, Featured Layout, List Layout and Shared Options Tabs
· Understanding the Integration Tab
· Understanding the Permissions Tab
The Joomla 3.x Frontend Site
· Home Page and Overview Pages
· Managing Menus
· Enabling User Login and Contribution
· Visitor Security
Working with Templates
· Creating Templates in Joomla 3.x
· Assigning Templates to Pages
· Working with CSS in Joomla 3.x Templates
· Getting and Evaluating Templates from the Web
SEO Tips and Tricks in Joomla 3.x
· Optimizing Articles for SEO
· Working with HTML Meta Tags and Title Tags
· Understanding Page Redirection
· Site and Page Ranking in Google and Bing
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031