The development and implementation of a strategy for the acquisition of all materials, goods, equipment and services has become a critical issue in all organizations wishing to reduce operating cost while improving quality and productivity. This course will introduce participants to the fundamental aspects of the supply chain environment, including enterprise resource planning systems and requirement systems. The interrelationships between purchasing, vendor selection, sources of supply, and technology will also be explored in this program. The focus is on management and the skills and resources for a successful manager
Upon completion of this training course, participants will be able to:
· Establish the mission, vision, and knowledge needed to successfully implement the processes and methods needed to reach best performance
· Explaining what procurement and supply chain management are fundamentally about so that participant are able to apply key techniques in controlling cost, time and the movement of goods and materials to customers and users
· Be familiar with the basics of purchasing and the purchasing environment.
· Have an understanding of the various approaches, tools, and strategies used in negotiations.
· Learn the entrepreneurship and pricing scenarios
· Understand the marketing management and the strategies involved in developing a marketing plan.
· Become aware of the subjects in the field of price and cost analysis from a purchasing and production perspective.
· Be able to promote recognition and acceptance of professional status for certified people involved in purchasing and supply chain operations among other areas of business management.
· Be able to develop performance standards and operational guidelines; which can improve the efficiency and effectiveness of purchasing and supply chain.
· Be able to develop and live by a code of ethical standards for purchasing and supply chain operations under which modern business practices might be more clearly understood and favorably accepted by the public in general.
· Increase in personal confidence, satisfaction, and pride from direct involvement in purchasing and supply chain operations.
· Use of excel in procurement, logistic and supply chain management
· Use of Acess/SQL in procurement, logistic and supply chain database management
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This program is intended for anyone currently working in, or planning to work in, procurement management, supply management, a purchasing department, or any other area involved with procurement or supply.
Module one: Procurement as a Dynamic, Interactive System
· The System Approach vs. the Traditional Functional Approach
· Goals of Procurement
· Developing the Strategic Procurement Plan
· Procurement Process
· Procurement as Part of the Supply Chain
Module two: Developing the Strategic Procurement Decisions
· Make / Buy Decision evaluation
· Vertical Integration
· Alliances and Partnerships
· Inter-company Trade
· Reciprocity and Counter Trade
· Supplier Strategy
· The Coordination Strategy
· The Purchasing Organization
Module Three: Implementing the Tactical Procurement Decisions
· Supplier Involvement
· Value Analysis
· Quality Assurance
· Supplier Selection
· Supplier Rating and Ranking
· Contract Management
· IT Systems and e-Procurement
· Policies and Procedures
· Staffing the Procurement Department
Module Four: Dealing with Operational Procurement Decisions
· Selecting the most Appropriate Ordering Process
· Addressing Quality Issues
· Overdue Orders
· The Payment Process
· Reducing the Cost of Procurement strategy
Module Five: Procurement Decisions and Procurement Performance Measurement
· The Different Contingency Situations
· Contingency Management
· Spend Analysis
· Total Cost of Ownership
· Supplier Performance Measurement
Module six: Understanding Logistics and the Supply Chain
· Logistics and Supply Chain Management
· Understanding the Supply Chain Dynamics
· International and Global Logistics
· Supply Chain Operations Reference Models
· Theory of Constraints
Module Seven: Transportation Economics
· The Role of Transportation in Logistics
· Management Key Decisions
· Types of Mode or Intermodal System
· International Commercial Terms in Transportation and the Liabilities
· Documentation in Transportation
· Hazardous Materials Transportation
Module Eight: Performance, Risk and Warehouse Management
· Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
· Warehouse Management:
· Role in the Supply Chain
· Equipment Selection
· Supply Chain Risks:
Module Nine:Procurement in Supply Chain
· Difference between Procurement and Purchasing
· Role of Procurement and Purchasing
· Support Operational Requirements
· Manage the Procurement Process and the Supply Base
· Develop Strong Relationships with Other Functional Groups
· Team Roles and Responsibilities
Module Ten:Inventory Management
· Statistics in Inventory Management
· Financial in Inventory Management
· Selective Inventory Control Management
· Understanding Inventory Status
· Reducing Excess and Obsolete Inventory
· Improving the Organization’s Logistics and Supply Chain
MODULE Eleven: Contract drafting
· Introduction and Overview
· The Procurement Process
· Elements of Supplier Selection
· Supplier Evaluation
· The Bidding Process
· Supplier Contracting
· Contract Principles
· Contract Drafting
· Contract Drafting
Module Twelve:Advaced excel formulas and functions
· Excel Formulas
· Conditional Statements & Logical Operators
· Statistical Functions
· Lookup/Reference Functions
· Text Functions
· Date & Time Functions
· Formula-Based Formatting
· Array Formulas
· Charts and graphs
Module Thirteen: Suppliers and Customers Database Management using MS Access
· Introduction to MS access
· Creating and interlinking Table
· Creating Forms
· Creating Queries from different tables
· Creating Reports
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031
Foscore Development Center |Training Courses | Monitoring and Evaluation|Data Analysis|Market Research |M&E Consultancy |ICT Services |Mobile Data Collection | ODK Course | KoboToolBox | GIS and Environment |Agricultural Services |Business Analytics specializing in short courses in GIS, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Data Management, Data Analysis, Research, Social Development, Community Development, Finance Management, Finance Analysis, Humanitarian and Agriculture, Mobile data Collection, Mobile data Collection training, Mobile data Collection training Nairobi, Mobile data Collection training Kenya, ODK, ODK training, ODK training Nairobi, ODK training Kenya, Open Data Kit, Open Data Kit training, Open Data Kit Training, capacity building, consultancy and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and experienced consultants, in a wide array of disciplines
Other Upcoming Online Workshops