SAS refers to statistical software which is used in the management of data, analysis, and graphics. It comprises of advanced functions which includes forecasting, survival analysis, data analysis, and time series analysis and survey methods. It can be utilized via graphical interface using very intuitive language. It benefits from the active user community which gives its support on a dedicated mailing.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Statistician, analyst, or a budding data scientist and beginners who want to learn how to analyze data with SAS
· Research Design, Analysis and Interpretation
· Understand the entire workflow from a high level perspective
· Learn the SAS basic to advance to buildup solid understanding of SAS technical skills
· Learn to accomplish a task with various SAS techniques
· Learn step-by-step statistical analysis from descriptive statistics, hypothesis testing to linear regression
· Learn data importing with different techniques for various type of data
· Use many important functions to make SAS programming
· Learn the important concepts of meta data: formats and informats, labels, lengths, etc.
· Learn the manipulation techniques to prepare the data and make the data analysis-ready
· Perform dataset manipulations: subsetting, transposition, etc.
· Learn how to properly interpret the results from statistical analyses
Module 1: Research Design, Analysis and interpretation
· Introduction to Research and the Research Process
· Problem Definition
· Research Design and Secondary Data Sources
· Qualitative Methods
· Descriptive Research Design and Observation
· Causal Research Design
· Measurement, Scaling and Sampling
· Data Preparation and Analysis Strategy
· Hypothesis testing, Frequencies and Cross-tabulation
· Testing for Significant Differences – t-test/ANOVA
· Testing for Association – Correlation and Regression
Module 2: Understanding the Workflow
· The Workflow
· SAS Basics
· Data Importing - Instream data and Proc Import
· Import Wizard for SAS 9.x
· Data Importing in SAS Studio
· Bring in Data from Pre-existing SAS Dataset and Create Permanent Dataset
· Data importing - excel data
Module 3: Data Manipulation - Naming Convention and IF THEN/ELSE Statement
· Naming Convention and Variable Types
· IF THEN/ELSE Statement
· Keep and Drop Variables
· Data Manipulation - SAS Functions and DO Loop
· SAS Functions
· DO Loop
· Dataset Manipulation - Subset and Append
· Use WHERE statement to subset data
· Concatenation (Append)
Module 4: Dataset Manipulation - Merge and Transposition
· Merge two datasets into a single dataset
· Project part 3: Merge two datasets
· A comprehensive task using several techniques to subset, transpose data
Module 6: Descriptive Statistics - Frequency and Univariate Analysis
· Explore the Data Using PROC PRINT and CONTENTS Procedures
· Descriptive Statistics
· Calculate the mean of the sample
· PROC FREQ
Module 7: Perform descriptive statistical analysis
· One, Two Sample T-Test and ANOVA
· One Sample T-Test
· Two Sample T-Test
· Two Sample T-Test and paired T-Test
· Sample ANOVA
· Non-parametric Analysis
Module 8:Linear Regression - Predicting the Outcome
· Linear Regression
· Use Linear Regression model to predict the MSRP
· Dummy Variable
· Include some categorical variables into the model
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031
Foscore Development Center |Training Courses | Monitoring and Evaluation|Data Analysis|Market Research |M&E Consultancy |ICT Services |Mobile Data Collection | ODK Course | KoboToolBox | GIS and Environment |Agricultural Services |Business Analytics specializing in short courses in GIS, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Data Management, Data Analysis, Research, Social Development, Community Development, Finance Management, Finance Analysis, Humanitarian and Agriculture, Mobile data Collection, Mobile data Collection training, Mobile data Collection training Nairobi, Mobile data Collection training Kenya, ODK, ODK training, ODK training Nairobi, ODK training Kenya, Open Data Kit, Open Data Kit training, Open Data Kit Training, capacity building, consultancy and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and experienced consultants, in a wide array of disciplines
Other Upcoming Online Workshops