2022 - 2023 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
This 5-day course seeks to provide participants with insights and understanding of how
Irrigation systems, both large and small, are planned, designed and managed, and of the economic and livelihood benefits of irrigated agriculture. The course will draw on experience of water resources and irrigation development in a range of countries in Europe, Africa, and Asia.
• Understand validated and participatory approach to designing and implementing effective ISHFM programs
• Apply a participatory approach to designing and implementing an ISHFM program.
• Understand soil fertility concepts.
• Understand soil fertility enhancing strategies that maximize profits and agronomic use efficiency.
• Understand the methodologies and tools to assess suitability, economic feasibility, and impacts of ISHFM on agricultural production, soil fertility, and the environment.
• Understand how to promote ISHFM to farmers and other stakeholders.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for officers and professionals who are, or will be, working internationally in the water resources and rural development sectors.
Module I: The Role and Impact of Irrigation in Global Agriculture
• Irrigated agriculture and water use
• Role of the international funding agencies in irrigation development
• Economics of irrigation
Module II: Fundamentals of Irrigation
• Components of irrigation and drainage schemes
• Water resources, hydrology and irrigated agriculture
• Determining irrigation water requirements
Module III: Design, Operation and Maintenance of Irrigation Systems
• Design of irrigation and drainage systems
• Irrigation techniques
• Operation and maintenance
Module IV: Management Structures and Way Forward
• Management structures for irrigation
• Improving efficiency
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031