2022 - 2023 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
The course provides a platform for participants to gain a comprehensive understanding of the pros and cons of Public Private Partnerships (PPPs), and the mechanisms to successfully implement PPP in a developing country. Participants will also study the relevant organizational structures, effective regulation, enabling legislation, and risk management techniques necessary for welldesigned procurement approaches and timely financing for PPP projects, while achieving the objectives of affordability and value-for-money for all stakeholders.
Who Should Attend
• Senior managers, directors, board members and other top management of private and public sector organisations who would play important roles in contract initiation and related decision making until closure for any project.
• Investors and financiers who would be investing in any project for which a PPP contract would be prepared.
• Designated contract managers and supervisors who would be responsible for managing the contract until project completion.
• Human resource professionals from both parties who would need to define performance metrics and provide necessary performance data on request.
• Legal authorities are responsible for ensuring that contracts adhere to universal standards and are carried out respecting the law.
• Any other public and/or private sector employee who would be playing a role or would like to play a role in PPP contracts.
Upon completion of this training course, participants will be able to:
• Identify how to establish and sustain partnerships by communicating a common mission.
• Describe the importance of public-private partnerships to emergency preparedness and planning.
• Identify roles and responsibilities in public-private partnerships.
• Complete knowledge and information related to PPP contract development, negotiation, and management.
• Information and understanding of the required tools and techniques to successfully establish contracts for the organisation, keeping provisions and flexibility for future change.
• The necessary information about the principles and concepts for establishing a robust yet flexible contract design.
• The required experience and skill to link risk assessment to related provisional clauses in contracts.
• In-depth knowledge and exposure to fundamental concepts for successful contract negotiations.
• The confidence and skill to manage change during the tenure of the contract.
• the required skill, confidence, knowledge and experience to play an important role in contract development, negotiation and management, thus demonstrating potential and prospect for faster career growth and progression.
Topics to be Covered
Module 1 – Aims of Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Contract Management
• Continuous high-quality service delivery
• Defined contractual responsibilities and risk allocations
• Controlled impact of external changes (effective change management)
• Achievement of efficiency expectations
Module 2 – Stakeholder Essentials for an Ideal Contract
• Responsibilities, concerns and requirements of stakeholders clearly defined
• Active, effective stakeholder communication
• Common goals, objectives and values
• Clear communication of project deliverables to stakeholders
Module 3 – Components of Negotiation
• Payment terms
• Expected service levels
• Provisions of effective contract management
Module 4 – Success Factors of Contract Negotiations
• Frank and clear communication
• Early stakeholder involvement
• Readiness towards risk acceptance
• Willingness to commit to negotiation terms
• Similar thought process, goals and values
• Willingness to invest in long-term projects
• Ability to obtain timely planning permission
Module 5 – Challenges to Contract Negotiation
• Lack of communication
• Influence of power, bias and corruption
• Lack of time
• Lack of skill and experience
• Lack of patience
• Criticism and sarcasm
• Lack of confidence and flexibility
Module 6 – Disadvantages of Re-negotiations
• Distortion of competitive bidding
• Lack of positive impact of competitive pressure
• Power, bias and corruption influencing success and outcome of re-negotiation
Module 7 – Success Factors of Contract Management
• Predicting opportunities of dispute
• Monitoring performance
• Understanding timelines and contractual formalities
• Understanding and preventing risks, especially termination
• Foreseeing and addressing contractual change
• Preventing re-negotiations
Module 8 – Challenges to Contract Management
• Verbal approvals not documented
• Tracking contract costs
• Lack of performance metrics
• Resistance by one or more contract partners
• Interference beyond defined responsibilities and boundaries
• Lack of experienced and skilled contract managers
Module 9-Management setting for PPP
• Setting up and managing the partnership
• Build trust with key stakeholders, by navigating leadership and cultural issues
• Interest-based negotiation
• Partnership agreements
• Crisis management risks, reputation and what you need to be aware of.
• Working in a partnership environment
• Understand the dynamic partnership 'black box' ? Practical case studies applying techniques learnt ? The role of monitoring and evaluation techniques.
• Review of the case study - learning and reflection
• Consolidating the learning with the techniques and tools
• Using coaching and mentoring in partnerships
• Developing an action plan for your return to work
• Case studies and examples of successful and failed PPP projects
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at email@example.com or +254712260031