This course aims to develop a comprehensive experience of human rights learning by equipping potential human rights educators, advocates, activists, students, volunteers, and law enforcement officers with knowledge and skills to:
The program will further equip participants with skills for better understanding of the concepts of human rights learning and leadership development. This course will also provide the participants with a concrete ‘step-by-step’ approach including hints and guidelines for developing and implementing a successful human rights project in their organization and communities.
The programme will consist of 6 different sections, discussion and empowerment session each of which is geared towards helping the participants understand and internalize the Human Rights learning approach to development. Furthermore by creating a learning environment that caters for their specific needs it is expected that the participants will be empowered to emerge as human rights educators themselves. The programme will give participants creative, concrete knowledge of how to use international and regional human rights treaties and enforcement mechanisms in their work for the protection and promotion of human rights.
No of days
The course is aimed at human rights educators, advocates, activists, law enforcement officers, lawyers, women activists, programs managers, research officers, leaders and members of coalitions and networks, staff of NGOs and CBOs, donor agency program officers, volunteers, development actors, trainers, students, Ministry of Justice officials, government officials etc. Furthermore, every opportunity will be taken for joint learning events for participants and GHRLTI staff. Candidates should have a good written command of English language and high competence and comfort with computer and Internet usage.
The overall objective of this course is to provide participants with an introduction to the concept of human rights, design and implementation of successful human rights learning in their organisation and communities.
Participants will be empowered to advocate for their basic, human rights and develop leadership skills. The course can be used to establish or strengthen human rights policies and practices both in the public and private sector.
- Introduction to human rights
- Historical overview of human rights development
- The Concepts in human rights
- Developments in human rights
Development of Human Rights Laws
- The sources of international law
- International human rights law
- Public international law
- International humanitarian law
- Enforcement of human rights law
The Human Rights Systems
- The United Nations and human rights
- Major United Nations human rights instruments
- Introduction to the United Nations system
- United Nations human rights agencies and procedures
- Inter-relationship between UDHR, ICCPR & ICECSR
- International Covenant on Economic, Cultural and Social Rights (ICECSR)
- The Geneva Convention
- Regional human rights bodies
Human right in border management
- Life and health of migrants
- Problems relevant to human rights in current practice
- Legal obligations for border management stemming from the international law
- The demands of human and international law rights for the management of External Borders
Border and Migration Management
- Boarder and information solution
- Counter migrant smuggling
- Boarder management and development trade
- Humanitarian boarder management
Training and Education in Human Rights
- The concept of training
- Facilitation and training skills
- Facilitating human rights education
- Training for sustainable business model
- Taking action for human rights
ICT and Human Rights
- Using the Internet for outreach and organizing
- Social networking for human rights
- Incorporating a human rights perspective into ICT Policy
Leadership Skills in Human Rights
- Basic principles of leadership
- The Art of Leadership
- Volunteering as a form of leadership
- Team building/Leadership in Action
- How to draft an International Human Rights Implementation Plan?
- Identify Available Resources
- Align Strategic Objectives with Resource Availability
- Realistic Objective Allocation (SMART)
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Do, Review, Learn, Apply – (Situation Specific Implementation)
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031
Foscore Development Center |Training Courses | Monitoring and Evaluation|Data Analysis|Market Research |M&E Consultancy |ICT Services |Mobile Data Collection | ODK Course | KoboToolBox | GIS and Environment |Agricultural Services |Business Analytics specializing in short courses in GIS, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Data Management, Data Analysis, Research, Social Development, Community Development, Finance Management, Finance Analysis, Humanitarian and Agriculture, Mobile data Collection, Mobile data Collection training, Mobile data Collection training Nairobi, Mobile data Collection training Kenya, ODK, ODK training, ODK training Nairobi, ODK training Kenya, Open Data Kit, Open Data Kit training, Open Data Kit Training, capacity building, consultancy and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and experienced consultants, in a wide array of disciplines
Other Upcoming Online Workshops