This certificate training is designed to introduce individuals to community development as a concept as well as basic skills in mobilizing communities for development and influencing social change. This training is, therefore, aimed at building the capacity of individuals involved in community mobilization as well as those seeking innovative approaches in community development activities.
The main purpose of this training is to provide a resource for community leaders, volunteers, and practitioners who desire to make their communities a better place. It describes the steps in the community development process and the guiding principles that explain why each step in the process is important.
The training will increase the confidence of development workers, Government officials and private practitioner as it provides a step by step approach in their quest to mobilize communities toward sustainable development.
No of Days
· Develop practitioners’ skills in participatory monitoring and evaluation of community initiatives.
· Identify and apply various tools and skills in engaging communities for development.
· Introduce advocacy as a key tool for community entry
· Introduce community organizing as a process of community development.
· Understand the concept of community development
· Assist practitioners to source resource for community development
The Concepts, Process, and Strategies for Community Development
· Understanding Communities, Development, and Mobilization
· The concept of community development
· Key elements of community development
· Community development process
· Engagement in community development process
· Steps in community engagement
· Strategies for community development
· Steps to community development
Participatory Tools for Community Development
· Understanding participatory tools
· Understanding PLA
· Steps of PLA Processing
· PLA Tools
· Processing of Community PLA activities
· Who is a Community Volunteer?
· The role of Community Volunteer in Community Development
Basic Inter Personal Communication Skills in Community Development
· Communication skills
· Presentation skills
· Facilitation skills
· Role play
Community Mobilization Events
· Community dialogue
· Rally and road shows
· Market storms
· Community Drama
Communication Strategies for Community Development
· Use of BCC tools/materials
· Visual aids
Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation of community development programme
· Procedures on how to evaluate the objectives
· Importance of PM&E in Community Development
· How to conduct PM&E?
· Key indicator in community Development
· Understanding PM&E tools
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at email@example.com or +254712260031
Foscore Development Center |Training Courses | Monitoring and Evaluation|Data Analysis|Market Research |M&E Consultancy |ICT Services |Mobile Data Collection | ODK Course | KoboToolBox | GIS and Environment |Agricultural Services |Business Analytics specializing in short courses in GIS, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Data Management, Data Analysis, Research, Social Development, Community Development, Finance Management, Finance Analysis, Humanitarian and Agriculture, Mobile data Collection, Mobile data Collection training, Mobile data Collection training Nairobi, Mobile data Collection training Kenya, ODK, ODK training, ODK training Nairobi, ODK training Kenya, Open Data Kit, Open Data Kit training, Open Data Kit Training, capacity building, consultancy and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and experienced consultants, in a wide array of disciplines
Other Upcoming Online Workshops