SurveyCTO is built to be powerful, scaleable, and flexible. Create forms and modular workflows with complex branching logic, non-linear navigation, randomized elements, and multimedia and GIS capabilities. This training is a technical training targeted to users who have no experience using SurveyCTO and want to learn more to advanced skills.
This training is aimed at participants who want to build their skills to author, deploy and manage data collection for field research using SurveyCTO.
What you will learn
By the end of this training the participants will learn to:
- Overview of ODK KobotoolBox and SurveyCTO
- Convert paper forms/questionnaires into digital forms that can be used for mobile data collection and case management
- Collect high quality and secure data both online and offline using SurveyCTO
- Integrate SurveyCTO with other tools
- Carry out data audits and real time monitoring during field data collection
- Build basic mobile application, install and use on phone.
- View, manage and export data compatible with statistical tools for further analysis
- Data Mappings using GIS
Module 1:Introduction to SurveyCTO
- Introduction and Key Concepts
- Overview of ODK Kobotolbox
- Advantages of SurveyCTO
- Key Features of SurveyCTO
- Case studies on use of SurveyCTO
Module 2:SurveyCTO Server
- Components of SurveyCTO
- Data aggregation, storage, and dissemination
- Setting up a SurveyCTO server
- Managing users & user roles
Module 3:Setting Up SurveyCTO Collect App
- Installing SurveyCTO collect from google play store
- Configuring SurveyCTO collect app
- SurveyCTO Collect Application Interface
Module 4:SurveyCTO Online Form builder
- Creating a form
- Input types
- Adding question to Form
- Form logics
- Import and export forms
Module 5:Building Forms using XLSForms
- Introduction to xlsform designer
- Components of XlSForm
- Question types
- Handling constraints and required options
- Form skip logic
- Form Operators and Functions
- Grouping Questions
- Settings Worksheet
- Importing xlsforms to surveyCTO server
Module 5:Using SurveyCTO Collect
- Managing forms in SurveyCTO Collect
- Collecting GPS data
- Submitting data to SurveyCTO Server
Module 6:Monitoring Data with SurveyCTO Data Explorer
- Monitoring Submission statistics
- Monitoring Form submissions and dataset
- Reviewing and correcting incoming data
- Summarize data submitted for individual fields
- Summarize the empirical relationships between field
Module 6:Data Management
- Exporting &Exporting data from SurveyCTO as CSV via SurveyCTO Sync
- Importing SurveyCTO – CSV file into statistical applications
- Downloading data directly from SurveyCTO
Module 7:Visualizing Geographic Data
- Exporting GPS Coordinates to Google maps and Google Earth
- Exporting GPS data for Mapping/Visualizing
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031
Foscore Development Center |Training Courses | Monitoring and Evaluation|Data Analysis|Market Research |M&E Consultancy |ICT Services |Mobile Data Collection | ODK Course | KoboToolBox | GIS and Environment |Agricultural Services |Business Analytics specializing in short courses in GIS, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), Data Management, Data Analysis, Research, Social Development, Community Development, Finance Management, Finance Analysis, Humanitarian and Agriculture, Mobile data Collection, Mobile data Collection training, Mobile data Collection training Nairobi, Mobile data Collection training Kenya, ODK, ODK training, ODK training Nairobi, ODK training Kenya, Open Data Kit, Open Data Kit training, Open Data Kit Training, capacity building, consultancy and talent development solutions for individuals and organisations, through our highly customised courses and experienced consultants, in a wide array of disciplines
Other Upcoming Online Workshops