2023 - 2024 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
Share this Workshop
Research is a systematic process of collecting, analyzing, and interpreting information to answer specific questions or solve problems. It plays a crucial role in various fields such as social sciences, healthcare, environmental studies, and business. To conduct effective research, researchers need to employ appropriate methodologies, data collection tools, and data analysis techniques.
This course aims to provide an in-depth understanding of research design, ODK (Open Data Kit) mobile data collection, GIS (Geographic Information System) mapping, and data analysis using NVIVO and SPSS software. It will equip participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to plan, execute, and analyze research projects effectively.
The course will begin with an overview of research design, including different types of research methodologies, study designs, and sampling techniques. Participants will learn how to formulate research questions, develop hypotheses, and design studies that address their research objectives.
Next, the course will delve into ODK mobile data collection, which is a powerful tool for collecting data in the field using mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets. Participants will learn how to design data collection forms, set up data collection projects, and synchronize data between mobile devices and servers. They will also explore best practices for data quality assurance and data security.
Furthermore, participants will be introduced to GIS mapping, which involves the visualization and analysis of geospatial data. They will learn how to use GIS software to create maps, overlay different data layers, and perform spatial analysis. This knowledge will enable participants to integrate geographical information into their research projects and gain insights from spatial patterns and relationships.
The course will also cover data analysis using NVIVO and SPSS software. NVIVO is a qualitative data analysis software that facilitates the organization, coding, and analysis of textual, audio, and visual data. Participants will learn how to import data, create coding schemes, and perform thematic analysis using NVIVO. Additionally, participants will be introduced to SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences), a statistical analysis software widely used in quantitative research. They will learn how to perform descriptive and inferential statistical analyses, interpret the results, and present them effectively.
Throughout the course, participants will engage in practical exercises and case studies to apply the concepts and techniques learned. By the end of the course, participants will have a comprehensive understanding of research design, ODK mobile data collection, GIS mapping, and data analysis using NVIVO and SPSS. They will be equipped with valuable skills to conduct their own research projects, collect data using mobile devices, analyze qualitative and quantitative data, and visualize spatial information.
The primary objective of this course is to enable participants to develop expertise in research design, mobile data collection, GIS mapping, and data analysis using NVIVO and SPSS. By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
Organizations can derive several benefits from staff members who possess strong research design, mobile data collection, GIS mapping, and data analysis skills. Some key benefits include:
This course is suitable for individuals involved in research, data collection, data analysis, and decision-making processes within various sectors, including:
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Module1: Basic statistical terms and concepts
Module 2:Research Design
Module 3: Survey Planning, Implementation and Completion
Module 5:Survey Authoring
Module 6:Preparing the mobile phone for data collection
Module 7:Designing forms manually: Using XLS Forms
Module 8:Advanced survey Authoring
Module 9:Hosting survey data (Online)
Module 10:Hosting Survey Data (Configuring a local server)
Module 11: GIS mapping of survey data using QGIS
Module 12:Understanding Qualitative Research
Module 13:Preliminaries of Qualitative data Analysis
Module 14:Introduction to NVIVO
Module 15:NVIVO Projects
Module 16:Nodes in NVIVO
Module 17:Classes and summaries
Module 19:Thematic Analytics in NVIVO
Module 20:Queries using NVIVO
Module 21: Building on the Analysis
Module 22: Qualitative Analysis Results Interpretation
Module 23:Visualizing NVIVO project
Module 24: Triangulating results and Sources
Module 25: Report Writing
Module 26: Introduction to SPSS
Module 27: Overview of SPSS
Module 28: Entering Data
Module 29: Graphing Data
Module 30: Descriptive Statistics: Measures of Variability and Central Tendency
Module 31: Correlation
Module 32: Regression and Multiple Regression
Module 33: Comparing Means Using t-tests
Module 34: Comparing Means Using One-Way ANOVA
Module 35: Comparing Means Using Factorial ANOVA
Module 36: Comparing Means Using Repeated Measures ANOVA
Module 38: Nonparametric Statistics
Module 39: Report writing for surveys, data dissemination, demand and use
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants' needs
· The participant must be conversant in English
· Presentations are well-guided, practical exercises, web-based tutorials, and group work. Our facilitators are experts with more than 10 years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with a Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at the Foscore development center (FDC-K) centers. We also offer inhouse and online training on the client schedule
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee for onsite training includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, a buffet lunch, and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance, and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking, and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· Tablet and Laptops are provided to participants on request as an add-on cost to the training fee.
· One-year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy a discount of (10% to 50%)
· Payment should be done before commence of the training or as agreed by the parties, to the FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us to prepare better for you.
· For any inquiries reach us at email@example.com or +254712260031