2019 Course Calendar
+254 712 260 031
It’s a known fact that information is processed from facts and figures; we also agree that if data is not well managed it can be overwhelming. Giving a spatial dimension to data and performing spatial analysis in a GIS environment speeds interpretation visualization which eventually speeds up implementation of programs.
Integrating GIS and Remote Sensing as a decision making tool has seen many organizations gain competitive advantage and remain relevant globally. To make timely decisions requires not only innovative ways to access accurate and real time information, but also tools to help present the information in ways that are useful.
Everything that happens in this world has a spatial dimension and this has made GIS applicable across all fields e.g. in agriculture, business, forestry, crime, mining, health, transport and communications, utility management, climate change, planning etc. A geographic information system (GIS) will allow you to bring all types of data inform of layers, overlay them to perform analysis and eventually publish a map from that.
This main objective of this course is to help our client understand how well they can apply GIS and Remote Sensing in their day to day activities of their organization. The course will be hands-on exercises in Quantum GIS (QGIS).
No of Days
Introduction to GPS, GIS and Remote Sensing Principles
Data Acquisition: Using Mobile based GPS (ODK)
Data Acquisition: Extraction of feature from other sources
Database Design and development
Editing and management of GIS
Integrating Imagery and Remote Sensing into GIS
Introduction to cartographic visualization and the mapping process
Online Publishing of maps and GIS outputs
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus free five hour adventure drive to the National game park.
· Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
· For any enquiry to: email@example.com or +254712260031
Start Date: 06/05/2019
Duration: 5 Days
Cost: USD 1,000, KES 70,000
Registration for this course has been closed. Please check upcoming course on the section below
GIS Mapping, Visualization and Analysis using QGIS Course
Cost: USD 1,000, KES 70,000
Start Date: 09/12/2019
View Course Content
Start Date: 09/03/2020
Start Date: 18/05/2020
Start Date: 27/07/2020
Start Date: 05/10/2020
Start Date: 14/12/2020
Our goal is to deliver professional, practical, educational and cultivated training solutions aimed at bettering the performance of
individuals and groups within the organization