2019 Course Calendar
+254 712 260 031
Warehouse is essential for an industrial unit. It is the depository of all materials required by the industrial unit and supplies materials as and when required. Inventory Control and Warehouse Management is critical in operations as inventory is a current asset to a firm. This course focuses on optimizing the development, management and maintenance of strategies of inventory control and warehouse management. It enables professionals to gain command of the key elements of a successful operation and provides a guide to complementing warehousing activities with prudent inventory control management techniques.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
· Understand the different types of inventories and importance of inventory to organizations.
· Know the principles and purpose on inventory management and control.
· Understand the costs associated with inventory management.
· Be knowledgeable in Inventory verification and valuation methods.
· Understand the different approaches for effective management of dependent demand and independent demand inventories and when to apply them.
· Know the fundamentals of warehousing and stock handling.
· Understand the organizational structure and functional responsibilities in inventory and warehousing.
· Know how to measure and improve inventory management performance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course targets Finance, procurement, and supply chain professionals looking for ways to become more effective and efficient by improving their inventory management methodologies. Warehouse managers and warehouse employees.
MODULE 1: WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT
· Introduction to warehouse organization
· Position of Warehouse/stores in the organization
· Organization structure of stores division
· Organization matters for efficient working of stores division
· Delegation of authority
Requisitions and Replenishment of Materials
· Need for requisitioning the material
· Replenishment of stock items
· Preparation of materials requisition report
· Dispatch of requisition to user department
· Review order quantity
Performance Evaluation of Stores Activities
· Criticism of stores division
· Poor inventory control
· Improper store-keeping and Tools Management
· Performance indicators and evaluation
· How is performance evaluation carried out
ISO Standards and Warehouse Activities
· Introduction to ISO standards
· The importance of ISO standards
· Registration for ISO certification
· Warehouse activities and quality assurance
· Stores division activities in conformance to ISO 9001
Warehouse Location, Layout, and Facilities Planning
· Number and size of stores
· Location of stores
· Layout planning of warehouse
· Physical facilities planning
Warehouse Security, Safety, and Maintenance
· Entry to warehouse
· Management of warehouse keys
· Closing of warehouse
· Issue to authorized individuals
MODULE 2: INVENTORY CONTROL
Inventory Classification and Strategies
· Advantages of classification of inventory
· Regular inventory item
· In-process inventories
· Finished goods inventory
· Strategic considerations in the control of finished goods inventory
· Market research
Codification and Standardization
· Methods of Codification
· Variety reduction
· Advantages of standardization
· Situations where standardization is not preferred
· Types of standards
· Standardization program
Inventory Control Model
· Theoretical inventory control model
· Elements of inventory control model
· Dynamic nature of the inventory control model
· Maintenance requirements
· Reorder point fluctuations
Inventory Control Techniques
· Best order quantity
· Economic Order Quantity (EOQ) defined
· Determining Economic Order Quantity (EOQ)
· Variable costs
· ABC analysis
· Other techniques of analysis
Effective Management of Inventory
· Factors influencing the stocking of inventory
· Appropriate maintenance techniques
· Administrative and financial factors
· Steps for management of inventory
· Diagnostic survey
· Reconditioning and overhauling of inventory
Valuation of Inventory
§ Importance of valuation of inventory
§ Valuation of material issues
§ First in First Out (FIFO)
§ Last in First Outs
§ Highest in First Out (HIFO)
§ Next in First Out (NIFO)
§ Simple average method
§ Weighted average cost method
§ Factors considered in selection of method of valuation of inventory
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus free five hour adventure drive to the National game park, in Nairobi.
· Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
· For any enquiry at:firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031
· View course content and register as individual or group using this link- : https://tinyurl.com/yyy4dbhm
· View Business and Governance courses calendar 2018-2019 – http://bit.ly/2FERaSh
· View All Courses calendar 2018-2019 -http://bit.ly/2mB2p5w
Start Date: 03/02/2020
Duration: 10 Days
Cost: USD 2,000, KES 140,000
Register (as Individual)
Register (as a Group)
Inventory Control And Warehouse Management Course
Software: Case study and Relevant Materials
Cost: USD 2,000, KES 140,000
Start Date: 02/12/2019
View Course Content
Start Date: 03/02/2020
Start Date: 13/04/2020
Start Date: 22/06/2020
Start Date: 31/08/2020
Start Date: 09/11/2020
Our goal is to deliver professional, practical, educational and cultivated training solutions aimed at bettering the performance of
individuals and groups within the organization