2021 - 2022 Training Course Schedule
+254 712 260 031
Financial knowledge and skills are fundamental to any managerial position. From understanding financial statements to analysing them, from cost impacts to variance analysis, from decision making to budgeting, this training course gives hands-on practical experience to non-financial managers to understand the concepts and techniques to help them in key decision-making areas, which in turn gives impetus to the bottom line of the business.
Financial information can give a clear picture of incidences that have happened, and a sound basis for forecasting future events. It can also display whether activities are cost-effective, whether objectives and targets have been met, and can be used to gauge and measure comparative performance and profitability.
This training course will empower you to be prepared to make more powerful and informed business decisions. From understanding the essence of cash flow to learning how to create value on a corporate level. This program covers all major principles of corporate finance.
Who should attend?
Directors, managers or anyone who uses financial information in the course of their work.
· Understanding accounts
· Understanding Financial Management
· Understanding Financial Statements
· Understanding Financial Ratios
· Understanding Working Capital Management
· Use of excel in finance
Module 1 – Basic Accounting Concepts
· The Accounting Process
· Cash Vs. Mercantile Accounting
· Accrual Concept
· Stock Valuation – FIFO Vs. LIFO
· Types of Accounting
· Revenue Recognition
· Cap-ex. vs. Op-ex.
· Understanding of Depreciation/Amortization
· Tangible vs. Intangible vs. Capital W-I-P
· Current vs. Non-current
Module 2 – Introduction to Financial Statements
· Profit & Loss Account including OCI
· Balance Sheet and SOCIE
· Cash Flow Statement
· Notes to Accounts
Module 3 – Financial Statement Analysis
· P&L Statement Analysis
· Balance Sheet Analysis
· Funds Flow Analysis
· Ratio Analysis
· Trend Analysis
· Common Size Analysis
Module 4 – Working Capital Management
· Concept of Working Capital
· Managing Inventory and Trade Receivables
· Managing Trade Payables
· Budgeting and Working Capital Management
Module 5 – Capital Budgeting
· Capital Expenditure Evaluation
· NPV Technique
· IRR Technique
· Pay Back Method
· Risk Analysis
Module 6 – Cost Management and Costing Techniques
· Cost Concepts
· Various Costing Methods
· Breakeven Analysis
· Costing Vs. Budgeting
· Strategic cost management
Module 7 – Revenue Management
· Revenue Recognition and possible revenue leakages
· Revenue Vs. Trade Receivables
· Revenue Vs. Trade Payables
· Revenue Vs. Foreign Exchange Management
Module 8 – Introduction to IFRS
· Introduction to the concept of Accounting Standards
· Generally applicable IFRS
· Discussion on Specific IFRS
Module 9 – Use of Advanced Excel
· Assessing Financials with Formulas in excel
· Advanced Functions in excel
· Financial functions in Excel
· Building Professional Charts in Excel
· Working with Pivot Tables in Excel
· Charts presentations in excel
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus free five hour adventure drive to the National game park, in Nairobi.
· Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
· For any enquiry at:firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031
Download our brochure here-http://fdc-k.org/FDC%20Brochure.pdf