2020 Training Calendar
+254 712 260 031
Take an Online Course from the safety and comfort of your own home or office.
Click to Browse our Courses
Contact us: +254 712 260 031
Unix is a computer Operating System which is capable of handling activities from multiple users at the same time. The development of Unix started around 1969 at AT&T Bell Labs by Ken Thompson and Dennis Ritchie. This tutorial gives a very good understanding on Unix.
The Unix/Linux operating system is a set of programs that act as a link between the computer and the user. The computer programs that allocate the system resources and coordinate all the details of the computer's internals is called the operating system or the kernel. Users communicate with the kernel through a program known as the shell. The shell is a command line interpreter; it translates commands entered by the user and converts them into a language that is understood by the kernel
This course has been prepared for the beginners to help them understand the basics to advanced concepts covering Unix commands, Unix shell scripting and various utilities.
In this course, you will administer Linux. You will:
Course Content Lesson 1: Performing Basic Linux Tasks Identify the History and Development of Linux Enter Shell Commands Get Help Using Linux Start and Stop Linux Lesson 2: Managing User and Group Accounts Create User and Group Accounts Configure User Profiles Administer User and Group Accounts Lesson 3: Managing Partitions and the Linux Filesystem Create Partitions Navigate Through the Linux Filesystem Manage the Filesystem Maintain the Filesystem Lesson 4: Managing Files in Linux Create and Edit Text Files Locate Files Search Text Using Regular Expressions Apply Filters to Text Streams Link Files Back Up and Restore Files Manage Databases Using MariaDB Lesson 5: Managing Linux Permissions and Ownership Modify File and Directory Permissions Modify Default Permissions Modify File and Directory Ownership Set Special Permissions and Attributes Lesson 6: Printing Files Configure a Local Printer Print Files Configure Remote Printing Lesson 7: Managing Packages Manage Packages Using RPM Verify Packages Upgrade Packages Configure Repositories Manage Packages Using YUM Advanced Package and Application Management Lesson 8: Managing Kernel Services Explore the Linux Kernel Customize Kernel Modules Create an initrd Image Manage Device Drivers and Hardware Devices Monitor Processes and Resources Lesson 9: Working with the Bash Shell and Shell Scripts Perform Basic Bash Shell Operations Write a Bash Shell Script Customize the Bash Shell Redirect Standard Input and Output Use Control Statements in Shell Scripts Lesson 10: Managing Jobs and Processes Manage Jobs and Background Processes Manage Processes Using the Process Table Delay and Detach Jobs Schedule Jobs Maintain the System Time Lesson 11: Managing System Services Configure System Services Monitor System Logs Configure Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux) Lesson 12: Configuring Network Services Connect to a Network Configure Routes Configure Client Network Services Manage Remote Network Systems Lesson 13: Configuring Basic Internet Services Configure Email Services Control Internet Services Lesson 14: Securing Linux Implement Basic System Security Secure User Accounts Lesson 15: Managing Hardware Identify Common Hardware Components and Resources Configure Removable Hardware Configure Disk Quotas Lesson 16: Troubleshooting Linux Systems Troubleshoot System-Based Issues Troubleshoot Hardware Issues Troubleshoot Network Connection and Security Issues Lesson 17: Installing Linux Prepare for Installation The Linux Boot Process Configure GRUB Install the Operating System Lesson 18: Configuring the GUI Implement X Customize the Display Manager Enable Accessibility Settings in Linux
· All Our Courses Can Be Tailor-Made To Participants Needs
· The Participant Must Be Conversant With English
· Presentations Are Well Guided, Practical Exercise, Web Based Tutorials And Group Work. Our Facilitators Are Expert With More Than 10 Years Of Experience.
· Upon Completion Of Training The Participant Will Be Issued With Foscore Development Center Certificate (Fdc-K)
· Training Will Be Done At Foscore Development Center (Fdc-K) In Nairobi Kenya. We Also Offer More Than Five Participants Training At Requested Location Within Kenya, More Than Ten Participants Within East Africa And More Than Twenty Participant All Over The World.
· Course Duration Is Flexible And The Contents Can Be Modified To Fit Any Number Of Days.
· The Course Fee Includes Facilitation Training Materials, 2 Coffee Breaks, Buffet Lunch And A Certificate Of Successful Completion Of Training. Participants Will Be Responsible For Their Own Travel Expenses And Arrangements, Airport Transfers, Visa Application Dinners, Health/Accident Insurance And Other Personal Expenses.
· Accommodation, Pickup, Freight Booking And Visa Processing Arrangement, Are Done On Request, At Discounted Prices.
· One Year Free Consultation And Coaching Provided After The Course.
· Register As A Group Of More Than Two And Enjoy Discount Of (10% To 50%) Plus Free Five Hour Adventure Drive To The National Game Park, In Nairobi Kenya.
· Payment Should Be Done Two Week Before Commence Of The Training, To Foscore Development Center Account, So As To Enable Us Prepare Better For You.
· For Any Enquiry At: firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031
Start Date: 03/08/2020
Duration: 5 Days
Fees: USD 1,000, KES 80,000
Online Cost: USD 300, KES 30,000
Register (as Individual)
Register for (Online Training)
Register (as a Group)
Training Course on Linux Unix OS
Fees: USD 1,000, KES 80,000
Online Cost: USD 400, KES 40,000
Start Date: 03/08/2020
View Course Content
Start Date: 12/10/2020
Our goal is to deliver professional, practical, educational and cultivated training solutions aimed at bettering the performance of
individuals and groups within the organization