2019 Course Calendar
+254 712 260 031
This training guide has been designed for use in introductory rural and microfinance training courses. While the fundamentals of development finance and approaches in microfinance apply to rural finance, there are particular issues and characteristics that must be understood and taken into account in order to address rural, and in particular agricultural, finance. Some knowledge of market development services would also be helpful.
· Explain and critically review current debates in rural development regarding rural livelihoods and the respective roles of markets, the state, institutions, property rights, agriculture and the rural non-farm economy.
· Critically evaluate past and existing attempts to supply rural services, such as infrastructure, finance, research and extension, health and education.
· Analyze critically alternative rural development policies in terms of their potential impact on rural poverty, equity and economic growth, taking account of different regional and geographical circumstances.
· Outline and evaluate different approaches to the management of land and water resources and their potential impact on rural development goals.
· Understand the special challenges of rural areas that are traditionally associated with rural and agricultural credit directed to the poor.
· Build a deeper understanding of the fundamental issues of rural finance.
· Have skills in conducting a rural and agricultural portfolio assessment and loan analysis – applying 5 C’s in rural finance.
· Be familiar with several innovative models and alternate ways of offering rural finance services.
· Gain skills in conducting seasonality analysis, preparing cash flows, assessing risk and appraising loans.
· Develop an understanding of new and innovative loan products and savings approaches for agriculture and rural areas.
· Gain awareness of sources and reference links to further information and support for addressing future challenges in the application of financial services in rural areas.
Who should attend?
It is aimed primarily at people who work in rural financial institutions, government and non-government development agencies, MFIs, banks and donors who advise and work with rural populations and communities
· Rural development
· Rural livelihoods
· The agricultural sector
· The rural non-farm economy
· Rural infrastructure
· Rural finance
· Agricultural research and extension
· Health and education
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus free five hour adventure drive to the National game park.
· Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
· For any enquiry at:firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031
Start Date: 11/11/2019
Duration: 5 Days
Cost: USD 1,000, KES 70,000
Registration for this course has been closed. Please check upcoming course on the section below
Rural Development course
Cost: USD 1,000, KES 70,000
Start Date: 16/12/2019
View Course Content
Software: Field practicals
Start Date: 20/01/2020
Start Date: 30/03/2020
Start Date: 08/06/2020
Start Date: 17/08/2020
Start Date: 26/10/2020
Our goal is to deliver professional, practical, educational and cultivated training solutions aimed at bettering the performance of
individuals and groups within the organization