2019 Course Calendar
+254 712 260 031
New developments in data science offer a tremendous opportunity to improve decision-making. In the development world, there has been an increase in the number of data gathering initiative such as baseline surveys, Socio-Economic Surveys, Demographic and Health Surveys, Nutrition Surveys, Food Security Surveys, Program Evaluation Surveys, Employees, customers and vendor satisfaction surveys, and opinion polls among others, all intended to provide data for decision making.
It is essential that these efforts go beyond merely generating new insights from data but also to systematically enhance individual human judgment in real development contexts.
How can organizations better manage the process of converting the potential of data science to real development outcomes? How can organizations go beyond merely generating new insights to changing behaviors — not only of their employees, but beneficiary and communities too?
This ten days hands-on course is tailored to put all these important consideration into perspective. It is envisioned that upon completion, the participants will be empowered with the necessary skills to produce accurate and cost effective data and reports that are useful and friendly for decision making.
It will be conducted using SurveyCTO, GIS, NVIVO and SPSS
· Understand and appropriately use statistical terms and concepts
· Design and Implement universally acceptable Surveys
· Convert data into various formats using appropriate software
· Use mobile data gathering tools such as SurveyCTO
· Use GIS software to plot and display data on basic maps
· Qualitative data analysis using NVIVO
· Perform basic data analysis tasks with SPSS
· Perform simple to complex data management tasks using SPSS
· Correctly identify appropriate statistical test for basic analysis s and perform them using SPSS
· Write reports from survey data
· Put strategies to improve data demand and use in decision making
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This is a general course targeting participants with elementary knowledge of Statistics from Agriculture, Economics, Food Security and Livelihoods, Nutrition, Education, Medical or public health professionals among others who already have some statistical knowledge, but wish to be conversant with the concepts and applications of statistical modeling.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
Module1: Basic statistical terms and concepts
Module 2:Research Design
Module 3: Survey Planning, Implementation and Completion
Module 4:Introduction to SurveyCTO
Module 5:SurveyCTO Server
Module 6:Setting Up SurveyCTO Collect App
Module 7:SurveyCTO Online Form builder
Module 8:Building Forms using XLSForms
Module 9:Using SurveyCTO Collect
Module 10:Monitoring Data with SurveyCTO Data Explorer
Module 11:Data Management
Module 11: GIS mapping of survey data using QGIS
Module 12:Understanding Qualitative Research
Module 13:Preliminaries of Qualitative data Analysis
Module 14:Introduction to NVIVO
Module 15:NVIVO Projects
Module 16:Nodes in NVIVO
Module 17:Classes and summaries
Module 19:Thematic Analytics in NVIVO
Module 20:Queries using NVIVO
Module 21: Building on the Analysis
Module 22: Qualitative Analysis Results Interpretation
Module 23:Visualizing NVIVO project
Module 24: Triangulating results and Sources
Module 25: Report Writing
Module 26: Introduction to SPSS
Module 27: Overview of SPSS
Module 28: Entering Data
Module 29: Graphing Data
Module 30: Descriptive Statistics: Measures of Variability and Central Tendency
Module 31: Correlation
Module 32: Regression and Multiple Regression
Module 33: Comparing Means Using t-tests
Module 34: Comparing Means Using One-Way ANOVA
Module 35: Comparing Means Using Factorial ANOVA
Module 36: Comparing Means Using Repeated Measures ANOVA
Module 38: Nonparametric Statistics
Module 39: Report writing for surveys, data dissemination, demand and use
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus free five hour adventure drive to the National game park.
· Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
· For any enquiry to: email@example.com or +254712260031
Start Date: 30/03/2020
Duration: 10 Days
Cost: USD 2,000, KES 140,000
Register (as Individual)
Register (as a Group)
Research Design, SurveyCTO mobile data collection,GIS mapping and data analysis using NVIVO and SPSS course
Software: SurveyCTO,GIS,NVIVO AND SPSS
Cost: USD 2,000, KES 140,000
Start Date: 20/01/2020
View Course Content
Start Date: 30/03/2020
Start Date: 08/06/2020
Start Date: 17/08/2020
Start Date: 26/10/2020
Our goal is to deliver professional, practical, educational and cultivated training solutions aimed at bettering the performance of
individuals and groups within the organization