2019 Course Calendar
+254 712 260 031
This 5-day course seeks to provide participants with insights and understanding of how Irrigation systems, both large and small, are planned, designed and managed, and of the economic and livelihood benefits of irrigated agriculture. The course will draw on experience of water resources and irrigation development in a range of countries in Europe, Africa, and Asia.
· Understand validated and participatory approach to designing and implementing effective ISHFM programs
· Apply a participatory approach to designing and implementing an ISHFM program.
· Understand soil fertility concepts.
· Understand soil fertility enhancing strategies that maximize profits and agronomic use efficiency.
· Understand the methodologies and tools to assess suitability, economic feasibility, and impacts of ISHFM on agricultural production, soil fertility, and the environment.
· Understand how to promote ISHFM to farmers and other stakeholders.
Who should attend?
The course is designed for officers and professionals who are, or will be, working internationally in the water resources and rural development sectors.
Module I: The Role and Impact of Irrigation in Global Agriculture
· Irrigated agriculture and water use
· Role of the international funding agencies in irrigation development
· Economics of irrigation
Module II: Fundamentals of Irrigation
· Components of irrigation and drainage schemes
· Water resources, hydrology and irrigated agriculture
· Determining irrigation water requirements
Module III: Design, Operation and Maintenance of Irrigation Systems
· Design of irrigation and drainage systems
· Irrigation techniques
· Operation and maintenance
Module IV: Management Structures and Way Forward
· Management structures for irrigation
· Improving efficiency
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus free five hour adventure drive to the National game park.
· Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
· For any enquiry at:firstname.lastname@example.org or +254712260031
Start Date: 14/10/2019
Duration: 5 Days
Cost: USD 1,000, KES 70,000
Registration for this course has been closed. Please check upcoming course on the section below
Irrigation and Operational Maintenance Course
Software: Field practicals
Cost: USD 1,000, KES 70,000
Start Date: 10/02/2020
View Course Content
Start Date: 20/04/2020
Start Date: 29/06/2020
Start Date: 07/09/2020
Start Date: 16/11/2020
Our goal is to deliver professional, practical, educational and cultivated training solutions aimed at bettering the performance of
individuals and groups within the organization