2019 Course Calendar
+254 712 260 031
Gender is a basic organizing principle of societies, particularly in the division of labor in families, communities, and the marketplace. The training examines gender influences in the participants’ own lives, cultural and societal expectations of men and women, how systems and institutions create and maintain gender roles and relationships, and how these factors affect the development process. Its purpose is to improve the knowledge, attitudes, and skills of development workers so as to create gender-responsive institutions, policies, programs, and projects.
The overall purpose of the training is to enhance the gender-responsive planning of key institutions and the management skills of their employees so that they can more effectively play their part in implementing gender-sensitive development policies as well as mainstreaming gender in order to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, SDG’s.
No of Days
· To formulate strategies for incorporating gender considerations into the design, planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of community-based projects, and into the structure, policies, and operations of institutions.
· To develop an understanding of basic concepts and approaches for analyzing roles, relationships, and situations from a gender perspective;
· To increase sensitivity to a broad range of gender issues
· To improve skills in analyzing and managing gender-related roles, relationships, and situations
Overview of Gender and Development
· Definition of Gender
· The Concept of Gender and Development
· Gender Role Expectations and Stereotypes
· Institutional/System Influences on Gender Stereotypes
· Gender Dynamics and Development
· Exploring Attitudes towards Gender
· Social Construction of Gender
Gender Roles and Relations
· Gender perceptions and expectations
· Perceptions of Women and Men
· Gender Roles
· Types of Gender Roles
· Cultural Basis of Gender Stereotyping
· Strategies for Challenging and Eliminating Gender Stereotypes and Barriers
· Gender-based Division and Valuation of Labour
· Course Review and Assignment
Gender Development Issues
· Identifying Gender Issues
· Gender roles, relations, and life choices
· Gender Roles and Power Relationship
· Gender Roles and Relationships Matrix
· Gender Sensitive Language
· Gender and Governance
· Gender and Human Rights
· Gender Statistics
· Gender and leadership
Gender Analysis and Policy Development
· Introduction to Gender Analysis
· Why Gender Analysis
· Variables used in Generating Data
· Gender Analysis Frameworks
· Gender Analysis Tools
· How to do a Gender Analysis
· How to do a Gendered Analysis
· Gender and Policy Development
· Emerging Lessons on Mainstreaming Gender in National Policy Frameworks
· Definition of Gender Mainstreaming
· Gender Mainstreaming as a Strategy
· The Concept of Gender Mainstreaming
· Approaches to Gender Mainstreaming and Integration
· Methods and Strategies of Gender Mainstreaming
· The Role of Men in Gender Mainstreaming
· Challenges to Effective Gender Mainstreaming
· Gender Mainstreaming and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
· Gender Mainstreaming Best practices
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore Development Center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at Foscore Development Center (FDC-K) in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus five hour adventure drive to the National Game Park, in Nairobi Kenya.
· Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to Foscore Development Center account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
Start Date: 24/08/2020
Duration: 5 Days
Cost: USD 1,000, KES 70,000
Register (as Individual)
Register (as a Group)
Gender Analysis and Development Course
Software: Case study and Relevant Materials
Cost: USD 1,000, KES 70,000
Start Date: 27/01/2020
View Course Content
Start Date: 06/04/2020
Start Date: 15/06/2020
Start Date: 24/08/2020
Start Date: 02/11/2020
Our goal is to deliver professional, practical, educational and cultivated training solutions aimed at bettering the performance of
individuals and groups within the organization