2019 Course Calendar
+254 712 260 031
Every year across the globe, floods cause the loss of a number of lives and considerable damage to properties, which severely sets back the development process. The climate change, global warming, rapid urbanization and socio-economic disparity are making the world, vulnerable to floods. The need to combat the perennial problem of floods and resultant destruction has been a forefront concern for most nations, which calls for a proactive approach to establishing a disaster risk reduction regime for safer and sustainable development.
· Discuss dynamics of flood risk in a changing climate
· Evaluate the extent of flood risk and vulnerability and assess the capacity to response
· Develop comprehensive strategies for flood risk management in a changing climate
· Apply climate smart structural and non-structural measures for flood risk mitigation
· Develop preparedness and response plans for effective flood risk reduction
· Integrate flood recovery programs with flood risk management strategies
· Address cross-cutting issues in flood risk management
Who should attend?
The course is open to participants from all countries. Participation of decision-makers, elected and appointed national and local administrators, development and planning authorities, water engineers and flood control professionals, officials in urban planning, housing, public works, and water resource and management is especially encouraged. The course will likewise benefit private land developers, emergency response personnel, UN and other international agencies, and NGOs working on disaster mitigation.
MODULE 1: Introduction
· Terminologies in disaster risk management
· Hydro-meteorological hazards, their formation and predictability
· Flood disaster
· Natural catastrophes occurrence
MODULE 2: Climate Change and Impending Flood Risk
· climate change and global warming
· Interventions under challenging circumstances of climate change
· Developing climate outlook/scenario and finding option for adaptation to climate change
MODULE 3: Flood Risk Assessment
· Principles and aspects of flood assessment
· Process of flood vulnerability and capacities assessment
· Process of flood risk assessment
· Community-based flood risk assessment
MODULE 4: Flood Risk Mitigation
· Flood plain management for flood risk mitigation
· Tools for flood plan management
· Climate smart structural interventions
· Flood-proofing in a multi-hazard environment
· Integrated watershed management in a changing climate
· Urban and rural development planning for flood risk reduction
· Public awareness and capacity building for flood risk reduction
MODULE 5: Flood Disaster Preparedness and Response Planning Process
· Flood disaster preparedness framework
· Flood Contingency Planning Process
· Flood forecasting and early warning systems
· Flood emergency management
· Flood evacuation process
· Flood search and rescue
MODULE 6: Flood Recovery Planning & Implementation
· Planning & implementation
· Flood damage and need assessment
· Sustainable recovery programs
MODULE 7: Crosscutting Issues
· Economics of flood risk management
· Financial tools for flood risk reduction
· Relevant issues on trans-boundary, governance and gender
· All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
· The participant must be conversant with English
· Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
· Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
· Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
· Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
· The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
· Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
· One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
· Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus free five hour adventure drive to the National game park.
· Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
· For any enquiry at:email@example.com or +254712260031
Start Date: 29/07/2019
Duration: 10 Days
Cost: USD 2,000, KES 140,000
Registration for this course has been closed. Please check upcoming course on the section below
Flood Disaster Risk Management in a Changing Climate Course
Cost: USD 2,000, KES 140,000
Start Date: 09/12/2019
View Course Content
Software: Field practicals
Start Date: 06/04/2020
Start Date: 27/04/2020
Start Date: 15/06/2020
Start Date: 24/08/2020
Start Date: 02/11/2020
Our goal is to deliver professional, practical, educational and cultivated training solutions aimed at bettering the performance of
individuals and groups within the organization